Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Warrior

I have a 2001 Yamaha Warrior and when I put the gas on it leaks right out of the overflow tube from the carb, when I nock on the bowl it stops. I took the bowl off and everything seemed fine, the floats were not full of gas, I did not see anything that might be making the floats get stuck. But when I put the carb back together it was fine for a little bit but started up again. Does anybody have any ideas how I could stop this? When it does run it runs fine, it's just trying to get it started with the gas flowing out.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Warrior

just take the float valve apart first and check if there's just some dirt in it. If that seems fine, and it doesn't look like the seats or needle are worn, i might start with replacing the floats or sanding down the edges some to make sure they're not getting caught on the edge of the bowl or something. These stock carbs are pretty much junk.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamaha Warrior

Thanks for the help, I will try that out when I get a chance to tear it down again.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamaha Warrior

Originally posted by: recon99
just take the float valve apart first and check if there's just some dirt in it. If that seems fine, and it doesn't look like the seats or needle are worn, i might start with replacing the floats or sanding down the edges some to make sure they're not getting caught on the edge of the bowl or something. These stock carbs are pretty much junk.
Your Warrior is a real nice machine it must fly, could you send me to a link were I can buy an edelbrock carb. Was it hard to install or pretty much straight forward?

Old 12-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Warrior

The cheapest place to get the edelbrock carb is on ebay for $366 shipped, or at least back when I bought it, that was the cheapest by almost 80 bucks. The installation is pretty simple. The most time consuming part of the whole installation is that you have to grind down a bit of the stock throttle housing in order to get the carb to open full throttle. That still only takes about 10 minutes with a dremel, and you can even do that ahead of time so you can just throw the edelbrock right in when you get it. The edelbrock works so much better than the stock carb, and is so much quicker and easier to tune.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Warrior

Originally posted by: kaylie
Your Warrior is a real nice machine it must fly, could you send me to a link were I can buy an edelbrock carb. Was it hard to install or pretty much straight forward?
yup it only tops out at 40 it flys

Old 12-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Warrior

Originally posted by: YFZracer12
damn, you're back again. how's your yfz with the made up mod list doing?

Old 12-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default Yamaha Warrior

Originally posted by: YFZracer12
damn, you're back again. how's your yfz with the made up mod list doing?
1/2 the parts are hypocritical to one another

Old 12-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Warrior

i am not sure why you would stroke a yfz to a 470 when that can be achieved by bore only fairly easily

Old 12-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yamaha Warrior

kaylie too bad your thread turned into this...but since it is can yfzracer tell us where he got his "bigger carb". i heard those "bigger" carbs are the best in the west.

Quick Reply: Yamaha Warrior