Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Durablue Axle question:

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durablue Axle question:

I have a Durablue Eliminator on my Raptor. The hubs and and axle-nut tend to loosen up every other ride. I was wondering if there would be anything wrong with using a lock washer with the hib nut. Maybe locktite? As for the axle-nut, I do use locktite on the set screw. I don't think the set screw loosens, but the entire unit. Is there any solution to this issue? Has anyon else had this experience?

thanks for any information

Old 02-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

I cant see a locknut or loctite hurting it. Call the manufacturer and ask what they reccomend.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

My only experience with Duracrap axles was that the ones that they sent me didn't fit. Four times!!!!! I have nothing nice to say about this company and it's customer service.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: flyinscrammy
My only experience with Duracrap axles was that the ones that they sent me didn't fit. Four times!!!!! I have nothing nice to say about this company and it's customer service.
Wrong spline setup?

Never had this problem with a locknut, LSR is actually the one with locknut issues. I did have the problem with the hubs, but it's an x33 and I wasn't torqing them tight enough.

Is the axle old/used? May have worn out the threads over time and be shot, and in that case I'd ask for a replacement. Is the circlip coming off the groove or is the nut just getting sloppy?

Old 02-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris changed the rear axle in 03 making the housing a larger diameter. Duracrap sent me the old scrambler axle size, twice insisting that I was installing it incorrectly. THe little girl on the other line suggested that i have a technician install the axle. Fed up, I took the new Duracrap axle and my old bent OEM axle to an ATV shop in SLC, 100 miles from my house. Ordered, once again the correct axle....... No, not really, I got another one that didn't fit again. The shop and I used a micrometer and sent the exact measurements of the axle..... Guess what? Even after receiving the complete measurements they still sent the wrong axle, they assumed that Polaris had switched to using the Predator axle and didn't even bother checking the measurements that we sent. Bottom line, I have a new OEM axle.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

flyinscrammy, sounds like a horror story to me. I'd be pretty ticked off myself. They're almost entirely an axle company, changes like that are something they should be right on top of.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

On the bright side, I can change an axle in under 30 Minutes!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

The clip stays on there, I think the nut is sloppy.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Boosh71
The clip stays on there, I think the nut is sloppy.
My wife agrees..........she hates sloppy nuts......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2007, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

haha

Quick Reply: Durablue Axle question: