Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

If you sell parts in the classifieds please read this. UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2000, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not going to go into details but the short version is this, I am out 1 pair of Rad Valves and $100. If you have any dealings with a gentleman named Brandon from Hattiesburg, Mississippi aka Beterthnyu@aol.com GET YOUR MONEY UP FRONT! I repeat DO NOT SHIP YOUR ITEM UNTIL YOU GET YOUR MONEY AND CAN HOLD IT IN YOUR HANDS! This guy is a bad actor. I only hope that I can save someone the frustration and loss that I have just experienced.

**UPDATE** 1/17/01

I have just filed a complaint against the above named gentleman with the US Postal Inspector. Unfortunately they will not investigate 1 complaint. I am going to attempt to file charges with the local authorities. In the meantime, if anyone reading this lives in the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area and wants to make $100, please contact me at wp2247@netzero.net. If I can't collect, I would rather see a third party get the money.

Old 12-17-2000, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Brandon:

If you agreed to pay someone, pay them!

Don't ruin a good thing for everybody!

Shame on you if you are attempting to rip AZRENEGADE off!

Old 12-17-2000, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

a deal is a deal be it across the country or face to face. i just hate to see someone get shafted.

Old 12-17-2000, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

If this is not just another example of poor mail service, it goes a long way toward demonstrating the amount of "good faith" that ATVers extend to each other. Most of us would not even think of loaning 100 bucks to a stranger but in this case we see that it is easy to trust someone who claims they have an appreciation for the sport. Unfortunately there are those that want to take advantage of others no matter how that is reflected in the group as a whole.
If it turns out that this person doesn't ever pay you, it shows that he/she is one of the lowest forms of degraded human alive. To play on the idea of integrity and honor of ones word and then not make every effort to follow thru on that commitment is contemptable at the very least. These are the kind of people that go into the forum and try to pick fights to cause division in the sport and pervert the ethics that come from a deep mutual respect.
AZ...I solute you for faith in the honor of ones verbal agreement and hope that this bad learning experience does not sway you from the fact that most people intend to carry out their commitments.

Old 12-17-2000, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

when sending a part always cod it then both people are happy

Old 12-18-2000, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

true but what happens when the receiver doesnt want the part and doesnt pay for it. Then you are out shipping charges. and also personal checks bounce and cost me $40 from my bank casue someone wrote a bad check. No more for me i get the po money order up front ot certified check.

Old 12-18-2000, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

I sold some ATV parts to a guy from this forum. We talked, via email, and I told him that I would accept a money order, and UPS him the parts the day I got it. A couple days later, I got the money order, I took the parts, boxed up, of course, to the local shipping connection, and off they went. I saw a couple days later, that he had posted a thread in here saying how pleased he was with the performance of his quad with the new parts.

I don't think there are many people out there that are out to shaft people. You might get burned in a rare case. I generally believe that people can be trusted. It's a bummer to hear that kind of story, though.

Old 12-18-2000, 05:45 PM
Range Rover

with all due respect quadfather that's easy to say while you have a money order in your hand.

Old 12-18-2000, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

what are trying to say?

Old 12-18-2000, 06:36 PM
Trailblazer

Hate to hear it. Brandon must not understand that what goes around comes around. Unfortunately, he sounds as if he is enough of a knuckle head that when it does, he will not even know it. Brandon-when it does, it probably will be 2 fold. I have sould a couple thousand dollars worth of motorcycle gear using boards like this and have had no trouble. I either do COD or send it after I get the MO.
Jedi

Quick Reply: If you sell parts in the classifieds please read this. UPDATE