Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warroir crab problem - Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 12:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warroir crab problem - Help

My 2001 Warrior will only run with the choke on. Either all the way or at least 1/2 way. If it is turned off, it dies regardless of where you set the idle speed. It also porposes the RPMs. They will not stay steady. When riding, it is sluggish. It has a high perf cam, and was jetted before I got it, but I do not know the specks. The guy I bought it from told me it might run rough in winter becasue of the jetting. Should I just wait until summer to try it, or is there something wrong here?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2007, 03:39 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warroir crab problem - Help

Put the machine in a heated garage and see if the machine runs different when at room temperature.
Don't have to wait to summer. Gosh! Did you not rode test the machine before you bought it?

Check the air cleaner see if there is the correct filter element in there. Get some specs on the HP cam you will need that some day in the future.
If the cam is an after market item and was not broken in correctly from the get go, which we will never know.
See if you can inspect the lobs to see if they are still smooth.
Measure the lifter gap and see if the original specs are the same.
HP cams usually have a wider gap tol. than stock cams but I can be wrong.

Obtain a repair manual for the Make Model year # CC
Find out what brand the cam is from the seller or if he knows who put the cam in.

Pull the bowl off the carb and remove the jets to see if they are clean actually should clean the whole carb to make sure.