Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How to? hp in a warrior

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to? hp in a warrior

That combination will actually put out more power than the 450's, it's just not the same kind of power delivery at all. The low revving torque that comes out of it is insane, in trails and hill climbs there's not much that can beat a warrior built like that.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Raptor450
Get rid of the Warrior and get a Raptor 700. The Warrior engine will never have "monstorous HP"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Unless someone comes out with a head that has 4 valves.
What are top fuel engine using for heads?... yeah there 2 valve heads. If you think it's because of the 2 valve head on your bike is the reason why your getting beat by 450r's your wrong. You can make power with this type of setup... you just have to know how to build the motor.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Originally posted by: Jasonp
Get rid of the Warrior and get a Raptor 700. The Warrior engine will never have "monstorous HP"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Unless someone comes out with a head that has 4 valves.
What are top fuel engine using for heads?... yeah there 2 valve heads. If you think it's because of the 2 valve head on your bike is the reason why your getting beat by 450r's your wrong. You can make power with this type of setup... you just have to know how to build the motor.
Yeah, but you cant convince me that two valves make more power than four. And what more can I do to get more power? Geez, Ive gone as far as I want to go with a Warrior, and the 450s are still beating me in drag races. Not by much, tho. On the trails, Im right with them. But the next step is to get rid of it and get a freakin' 660 or 700 Raptor.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, but you cant convince me that two valves make more power than four. And what more can I do to get more power? Geez, Ive gone as far as I want to go with a Warrior, and the 450s are still beating me in drag races. Not by much, tho. On the trails, Im right with them. But the next step is to get rid of it and get a freakin' 660 or 700 Raptor.

And I not going to even try.
What cam you running and tell me the spec's. What's been done to the head?

Old 04-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Range Rover

You need to let that thing breath man... That Web .430 cam is holding you back. I see you got a ported head did you install a bigger valve as well? Who did you have port it? Megacycle makes a cam that is bigger then the web, which is there 252-x1 race .450 cam or even better for your type of setup the Powroll all out race stroker cam. That thing has got like 80 degrees of duration where the Megacycle has 64 @ .040". Put this cam in and hold the F on.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

ok well i put a stage one hotcams cam in it and it runs sweet i have no porting or polishing or diffvalves the rest is stock cept jetting i have a dynajet 150 main and the needle set to number 3 out of 6 and i still cnt punch it cause i think its lean the plug is dry and has small white spots on it and it runs pretty hot...another thing i have my valve vlearance set perfect but my valves are still tappin a little bit, i changed from 87 to 93 is tht y?? also let me know where to get tht cam with 80 degrree duration tht sounds pretty sick

Old 04-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: scoop06pv
ok well i put a stage one hotcams cam in it and it runs sweet i have no porting or polishing or diffvalves the rest is stock cept jetting i have a dynajet 150 main and the needle set to number 3 out of 6 and i still cnt punch it cause i think its lean the plug is dry and has small white spots on it and it runs pretty hot...another thing i have my valve vlearance set perfect but my valves are still tappin a little bit, i changed from 87 to 93 is tht y?? also let me know where to get tht cam with 80 degrree duration tht sounds pretty sick
Well... yeah. I don't really understand your post because the spelling.
The Powroll cam stroker/race cam is only ment for stroker motors. It's got so much overlap and duration that it would make a stock piston 350cc motor run like poop. The biggest cam you would want to go with is the Web. 390" or more low end torque the Megacycle 252-x2 .415"/395" with the stock piston. The biggest cam with a 350cc high compression engine would be the Megacycle .450 252-x1 race cam.
Sounds like your running really lean. Also with the white spots on the plug this is actually metal from the piston from pre-ignition or denatation. I would do something about that quick before you melt your engine down. Valves are always going to sound that way because the hotcam uses such wide clearances and personally I think there a POS performing cam in compared to the others here.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

You need to let that thing breath man... That Web .430 cam is holding you back. I see you got a ported head did you install a bigger valve as well? Who did you have port it? Megacycle makes a cam that is bigger then the web, which is there 252-x1 race .450 cam or even better for your type of setup the Powroll all out race stroker cam. That thing has got like 80 degrees of duration where the Megacycle has 64 @ .040". Put this cam in and hold the F on.
Yeah I was told I could use a bigger cam by my local ATV shop, but Im tired of spending money on it for now. Besides that I have to replace my clutches now cause they started slipping. But anyway, I did install the bigger Kibblewhite valves. I forgot the specs because I put them in last year, but seems like I got the biggest ones I could find. I got it ported by my local machine shop. I know, I know, that sounds scary and a FST job may be better, but this guy has like 15 years experience with porting ATVs and he does use a flowbench and all that. Even if I get a bigger cam, I still dont think I could beat a YFZ 450. In the last drag race with a 450, we were side by side until I hit 4th and then he started pulling by me. In about 600 ft he beat me by about 3 bike lengths, which is pretty good I thought for a Warrior. We're gonna take our bikes to the dragstrip soon to see what it will do in the 1/8 mile. Im not really trying to beat 450s. I doubt I ever will, but everybody says "you do this and you do that to a Warrior and the 450s will hate you!" I just cant see that happening!

Old 04-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: recon99
There's a couple ways to do it, both involve tapping into an oil channel and routing the hot oil through a cooling elemnt mounted on the front of the machine. One method involves drilling and tapping fittings into the oil galley in the clutch cover, the other uses factory yamaha parts from a big bear, and bolts on in place of the stock oil filter cap.
Heard of people using old tranny coolers out of a junk yard for this?

Old 04-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i don't know about from a junkyard, but most of us will use a universal oil or tranny cooler from the auto parts store for it. The Hayden model 401 fits very nicely under the hood.

Quick Reply: How to? hp in a warrior