Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How to? hp in a warrior

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to? hp in a warrior

thank you thats exactly wat i was looking for an explanation, to tell u the truth i am only 18 but i know an alright amount oabout engines... ido all my own work im even going to port and polish my own head and get bigger valves i love motors and i wasnt trying to be a dick either......so wat ur saying tho is i i could push more compression than i could use tht cam? or mayb one close to it with less overlap??? let me know im tryin my best to get the biggest gains with the lowest cha ching so im looking for small advantages.....if u have any trix or anything let me know im quite interested in learning,

thanks, John

Old 04-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to? hp in a warrior

Originally posted by: scoop06pv
thank you thats exactly wat i was looking for an explanation, to tell u the truth i am only 18 but i know an alright amount oabout engines... ido all my own work im even going to port and polish my own head and get bigger valves i love motors and i wasnt trying to be a dick either......so wat ur saying tho is i i could push more compression than i could use tht cam? or mayb one close to it with less overlap??? let me know im tryin my best to get the biggest gains with the lowest cha ching so im looking for small advantages.....if u have any trix or anything let me know im quite interested in learning,

thanks, John
Personally, I know alot about engines.. went to UTI hot rod U for training and I will not/did not consider screwing with my head. It's easier to screw something up then it is to make something right when porting heads. Warrior actually has a great flowing head. To put a bigger valve in you actually have to have the head machined.
If your trying to save money you could get the Wiesco piston and just have your cylinder honed out and then since you will have more static compression that big race cam will work much better.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec.../velocity.html