Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How to? hp in a warrior

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 01:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to? hp in a warrior

i know this isn't from a warrior motor but i saw some guy with a honda cbr streetbike engine in his warrior and it was sick...i forget the website but i can find it if you want

Old 04-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, i know the one you're talking about. That guy put some serious work into that thing. Had it done up with long travel suspension and everything.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Originally posted by: Jag8723
i know this isn't from a warrior motor but i saw some guy with a honda cbr streetbike engine in his warrior and it was sick...i forget the website but i can find it if you want
He could call that one a Yamahonda![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

or a hondaha

Old 04-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

or just call it totally badass

Old 04-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Raptor450
Originally posted by: Jasonp
You need to let that thing breath man... That Web .430 cam is holding you back. I see you got a ported head did you install a bigger valve as well? Who did you have port it? Megacycle makes a cam that is bigger then the web, which is there 252-x1 race .450 cam or even better for your type of setup the Powroll all out race stroker cam. That thing has got like 80 degrees of duration where the Megacycle has 64 @ .040". Put this cam in and hold the F on.
Yeah I was told I could use a bigger cam by my local ATV shop, but Im tired of spending money on it for now. Besides that I have to replace my clutches now cause they started slipping. But anyway, I did install the bigger Kibblewhite valves. I forgot the specs because I put them in last year, but seems like I got the biggest ones I could find. I got it ported by my local machine shop. I know, I know, that sounds scary and a FST job may be better, but this guy has like 15 years experience with porting ATVs and he does use a flowbench and all that. Even if I get a bigger cam, I still dont think I could beat a YFZ 450. In the last drag race with a 450, we were side by side until I hit 4th and then he started pulling by me. In about 600 ft he beat me by about 3 bike lengths, which is pretty good I thought for a Warrior. We're gonna take our bikes to the dragstrip soon to see what it will do in the 1/8 mile. Im not really trying to beat 450s. I doubt I ever will, but everybody says "you do this and you do that to a Warrior and the 450s will hate you!" I just cant see that happening!
10-4. I don't know who told you to go with that cam but it's way to small for what your trying to do. Think what you will but there is so much power left in that motor. $150 bucks will have you passing YZF's.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

man that would be so embarrassing for the yfz

Old 04-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: ZapooMafoo
how do you get your warrior to be oil cooled (where do you get an oil cooler) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Four Stroke Tech(fourstroketech.net) sells an oil cooler kit. You tap into the clutch cover and send the oil thru hoses to a little radiator. Theres also a way to install a Big Bear? (I think) oil cooler on a Warrior, but Im not familiar with those.

http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=tutorials

Old 04-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: crazy1291
man that would be so embarrassing for the yfz
Believe me it can be done with the right parts... and money. It's not slapping some 4 valve head on either.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

You need to let that thing breath man... That Web .430 cam is holding you back. I see you got a ported head did you install a bigger valve as well? Who did you have port it? Megacycle makes a cam that is bigger then the web, which is there 252-x1 race .450 cam or even better for your type of setup the Powroll all out race stroker cam. That thing has got like 80 degrees of duration where the Megacycle has 64 @ .040". Put this cam in and hold the F on.
Yeah I was told I could use a bigger cam by my local ATV shop, but Im tired of spending money on it for now. Besides that I have to replace my clutches now cause they started slipping. But anyway, I did install the bigger Kibblewhite valves. I forgot the specs because I put them in last year, but seems like I got the biggest ones I could find. I got it ported by my local machine shop. I know, I know, that sounds scary and a FST job may be better, but this guy has like 15 years experience with porting ATVs and he does use a flowbench and all that. Even if I get a bigger cam, I still dont think I could beat a YFZ 450. In the last drag race with a 450, we were side by side until I hit 4th and then he started pulling by me. In about 600 ft he beat me by about 3 bike lengths, which is pretty good I thought for a Warrior. We're gonna take our bikes to the dragstrip soon to see what it will do in the 1/8 mile. Im not really trying to beat 450s. I doubt I ever will, but everybody says "you do this and you do that to a Warrior and the 450s will hate you!" I just cant see that happening!
10-4. I don't know who told you to go with that cam but it's way to small for what your trying to do. Think what you will but there is so much power left in that motor. $150 bucks will have you passing YZF's.
Its the same cam I had in my old 366 engine. Ill try a new cam pretty soon. Might as well go for broke now! What else do you recommend? Keep in mind this is my trail bike. I dont want to run alcohol or nitrous or not even race gas. Have you actually seen anyone on a Warrior (with a Warrior engine) beat a 450?

Quick Reply: How to? hp in a warrior