Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

carb questions for the wolvy 450

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb questions for the wolvy 450

ok out on the trail today first real ride after installing jet kit. quad was running great pleanty of power right from idle to full throttle. about have way threw the day (after 20 miles of run time i got bogging at half throttle. Figer all prob a little dirt in the bowl pull over and drained it started up same thing. took the air lid off got better. drove a little without the lid and reinstalled it still have the same prob but only at full throttle half and idlle are fine. could it be something with the mixture screw??? or i was thinking mabe the float is stuck? like i said for the morning it was great then later on it started acting up. thanks in advance

Old 05-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamahaman06
ok out on the trail today first real ride after installing jet kit. quad was running great pleanty of power right from idle to full throttle. about have way threw the day (after 20 miles of run time i got bogging at half throttle. Figer all prob a little dirt in the bowl pull over and drained it started up same thing. took the air lid off got better. drove a little without the lid and reinstalled it still have the same prob but only at full throttle half and idlle are fine. could it be something with the mixture screw??? or i was thinking mabe the float is stuck? like i said for the morning it was great then later on it started acting up. thanks in advance
Check the main jet for a particle of something plugging it. I went round and round with this same thing and I finally discovered a small particle of plastic in the main jet.

Install a fuel filter on the fuel feed line.

I am fairly certain that the plastic is a piece of the gas tank that the factory was nice enough to leave in there for me. lol

Old 05-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

So, I thought there was a filter in the tank...how could black plastic get to the carb. Did you check the filter for damage? I don't see how it could be the fuel tank but you never know - right?

Old 05-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

guys remember run your carb vent under the seat it sucks in w/e it wants.remove your carb clean it good ,then put it back in and put a inline fuel filter on the vent line and on the gas line and problem sloved.did it to mines never a problem again,it's a bad design from yamaha