Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly 350 break in and performance mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly 350 break in and performance mods

I am picking up my quad on Monday. Any tips about break in? I have some questions about aftermarket parts.

Is it possible to tune the CVT like you can with a Polaris

Anyone have an hourmeter installed?

What GPS and mount have you guys used?

What jet kits and exhaust have you guys used?

Is there an aftermarket locking front diff for this bike?

What kind of oil?

What other mods have you guys made? I'm wondering if a set of plain aluminum rims would make a difference in performance. I know that most of them come in at about 1/2 the weight of the stock rims so it seems like it would help.

What tires are you guys using?

I'm living on Michigans UP so this thing is my passport to a lot of fishing, hunting and camping.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure if you have the straight axle or IRS , if straight, its the same machine I have, different sticker. I run 25" mudlite xl's, didn't really notice any powerloss, but it does have to rev a little higher to turn them in the thick mud.

I've only used yamalube for oil

Last I checked there was no locker for it, unless someone can verify that a kodiak/grizz 450 would fit, I'm guessing no, or it would be very expensive

Don't have an hour meter, don't plan on selling it so I'm not worried about that. (I know many use it for maintenance but I'm not crazy w/ that either lol)

The grizz/bruin 350 does not have alot of aftermarket support I have found. There are few exhaust out there.

K/N or Uni filter, skid plates, winches, bags, clutch kits, lift kits, tires a few different brands of exhausts/jet kits and that about sums up the aftermarket that I have found for it. Plows and lighting accessories. I do want to install a 12v outlet though, they are rather handy.

Good luck w/ the machine. I didn't baby mine at all during break it, just didnt keep it full throttle for long amounts of time.

As far as tuning the CVT all I know is replacing the belt or installing a clutch kit, or greasing the clutches. Not sure if you can tune it, I don't remember my shop manual saying anything about it.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Trailblazer

I have the straight axle. I wanted a little sportier feel and in this part of Michigan I don't think the IRS would have been worth the money. Powroll makes a 365cc big bore kit and for the 350 Wolverines and Raptors they even make a stroker kit. One of the reasons that I bought the bike was the engine, there are a lot of them out there in ATVs and dirt bikes, so parts availability should be good. I'm not thinking of the stroker or big bore but it is nice to know that I can always upgrade if I wanted to.

What I really want is a decent GPS and a winch, and an hour meter because I am pretty **** when it comes to changing oil. I was curious about the locker because I thought the bike was the same frame and running gear as the 400 and 450, just the smaller engine.

EPI (Erlandson Performance, I don't have a link) makes some pretty good clutch kits for the 350 if you haven't checked them out. They have one that is made for people who do a lot of heavy work too.