Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior problems

wat cause it to cut out at about mid throttle....you can barley hold it in and lug around fine and when u go to about mid throttle it cuts in and out...then u can punch it and it want cut out jus at mid throttle

Old 08-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default warrior problems

mid throttle is the needle in your carb, take it apart and see what setting it is on.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Trailblazer
Default warrior problems

not really good at all the carb. buisness...is it hard to take apart...dont wanna fool with somethin i could mess up

Old 08-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default warrior problems

nah it's super easy

Old 08-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default warrior problems

Yea it could be the jet needle. or some dirt lodgged in your carb. get a rebuild kit for the carberator system. take it apart, clean and blow out all passages and jets with an air compressor. always keep air fillter clean. order a genuine yamaha service manual (not a owners manual) this makes maintaince a breeze. I have a service manual for all my toys. next get a new spark plug gap to spec and install. the next guess would be an ignition coil, it would be rare, and depending on how many hours you have on your Quad I would check the CDI with multi meter. replace if out of spec. it is a prosses of elimination. start with the small and obvious things. How do you know what is a normal specification for your machien if you don't have a manual? get a manual, or let a technician handel it!!!! the latter is cheeper.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default warrior problems

i just bought a new cdi box and coil for it along with lots of other new products...it has to be in the carb

Old 08-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default warrior problems

Like I was saying before, Take the carb apart thourghly clean it. blow out all passages, and jets with air compressor. it most likley has some dirt loged in carb or the jet needle could have got bent when working on carb. I would strongly recomend cleaning and chekhing for faulty parts in the carb. trust me its something stupid, and insugnificant. and it ussauly is. I had a problem whith my Banshee. I abandond my theroy looking for something small because I thought I trouble shot everything. I started a major project on my quad and took of the gas tank, and set it on the work bench to drain it to the gas can through the petcock. the gas was barely draining. it was an accident but I totaly over looked the gas **** on gas tank. some debreis got in to the tank some how and pluged the gas ****. and I was getting ready to deal with my TROS system? I over looked the obvious. so Clean that carb, check your jets and needles. try this first then move on to ignition. you do have a good spark right? if so then check ignition after carb maintainace. Get a service Manual!!!! it makes the job easy!!!! It will take a couple of weeks to get, but will pay for it's self. If you know all of your quads maintainace and torq specs by hart then you won't need one. get a Genuine Yamaha service manual not a Clymber.