Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior alba cam kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior alba cam kit

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: skidude420

Wow guys thanks for all the replies.

Raptor450, you just brought up my scenario exactly, i'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible, but also want power. The stock carb does have a good "feel" to it if that makes any sense. If i have to get a better carb i'll try to find one cheap but if i don't need a new one, even better!

I found a white brothers carb kit with accelerator pump and twist throttle on ebay for a good price but it's for a raptor 350, i know they're basically the same machine but the warrior kit is $8 more on the white brothers site which means there's probably something different about it</end quote></div>

The Warrior carb is different from the Raptor 350 carb. The Raptor has a choke cable, where the Warrior has a direct choke pull-****, and the Raptor's intake side of the carb from the airbox is much bigger than the Warrior's. There may be more differences, but these are the only one's I ran across on my build. I would not get a twist thottle. They don't seem to work too well on a quad. And I'm still running the stock carb on my highly modified Warrior engine and it does fine. I may be losing some performance with my "junky" carb, but I can't complain about it. You will be fine with the stock carb with the kit you want.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior alba cam kit

The biggest difference from the warrior carb to the raptor one is that it is constant velocity where the warrior is a flat slide design with a butterfly valve. This is one reason why the raptor has more torque then the warrior. If you read that post or that thread I linked to this post you will see what Sudco the Mikuni distributor says about the stock warrior carb. You don't have to change your stock carb as yes it will run fine but if your looking for more performance you can get it by changing out the stock carb on this bike as the actual design of this carb is very restricting as well as the airbox setup.
Also most carb kits don't cost $450 if you look and know what you're looking for on ebay. I've seen some go for less then half that.