Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor is a rip off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2001, 07:54 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scramblers sucks,chain breaking, slow,no shock having,ugly headlight,one lever brake,cheap graphics,ugly plastic,snowmobile sounding,rebodied utility quad junk.

Old 01-04-2001, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

Listen "SOMEGUY" the scrambler series are the most versitile quads on the market.
I agree with yellow01scram500 the raptor is good for only one thing and thats mx, flat tracks and groomed trails, try to bring it to the real world (mud, rocks, hills, snow, ect) it wont stand a chance.PERIOD.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 01-04-2001, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

Real machines are'nt made in HO-CING-MING land.

LONG LIVE POLARIS!!!

made in the U.S.A

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 01-04-2001, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

huh, More power with a pipe for the scrambler 500 trust me 01yellow scrambler it wont happen I had a 00scrambler500 with all hotseat mods pipe,clutch, filter system and no gain. So save your money! I could care less what people ride the scrambler is a descent quad but if you ride hard plan on replacing bearings and belts, although they do go everywhere but as said before they are not intended for mx or racing but for recreational use. I just bought my fiancee a trail blazer 250 and she loves it and I do think that its a great quad for her, she went alot of places and had no trouble in some tough terrain for a beginner I think the auto tranny is a good choice for beginners they'll have more confidence due to not having to shift on hills. So if you enjoy your scrambler then fine but alot of people including myself enjoy the raptor and I do believe that the scrambler retails for $6099 thats only $400 less than the raptor and there is alot more technology in the raptor and in the long run alot less maitenance and $$$ will be required to keep the raptor going.

Old 01-04-2001, 09:47 AM
Range Rover

you said it all Dstevens.

01 Raptor--BIg Gun Pipe, Prm Skids
00 Warrior--Nerfs, black waters
00 Wolverine--SuperTrapp pipe, Uni Filter

Old 01-04-2001, 10:00 AM
Trailblazer

What I don't understand is the frequency of drive-by ATV character assaults. What is it about Raptor threads that make disgruntled owners of other ATV's post in this forum?

I have brand preferences, and I do own a Raptor which was purchased after reviewing everything even close to what I was looking for on the market. If yellow01scram500 has such wonderful things to say about his Polaris, let him say them - I'd just like to see it somewhere else. Free speech is cool, and none of us have to read the drive-by posts, but you'd think computer-using ATV riders would be a mature enough population to respect each other's boundaries and opinions....

Old 01-04-2001, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

What a waste of a post....Every rider likes his choice of bikes for a given reason.
The raptor seems to be a great bike for what it was intended....as does the polaris.
A 4 wheel drive quad might serve your riding style and the raptor might serve others.
Myself...I would not be happy with the polaris unless I was doing yard work (opinion) and it had a hitch..or for long days on the trail..camping etc.
If I wanted to go out and do endless wheelies and tear around at maximum throttle...then the raptor would be a choice.
As far as the made in america thing...well my isuzu outlasted the ford...and show me an affordable american sport bike....and no the buell does not cut it.

I figure as long as everyone is having fun and riding there hearts out...who cares about the ride they are on....
By the way...have you ridden a raptor to compare to your scrambler? I have ridden a scrambler but not the raptor. But there is no comparison to my banshee and the scrambler. My 400ex is better IMO than the scrambler also....But are any of you going to loose sleep over my opinion?

They are two totally seperate classes of machines....And yes omg....talk about a diet.

Old 01-04-2001, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

scramdaddy400, I have to disagree with you I ride on all those terrains and I do fine on the raptor and I see that your polaris is a 2x4 400 which will do no better than my raptor in the mud and all the other terrain the only thing I could see the scrambler haveing an advantage is ground clearance but with my full prm skids this is not a problem if you where talking about the 4x4 scrambler I could see some advantages in the mud and snow and even rock climbing but for basic woods and hill climbing the raptor will easily compete with the scrambler 400 2x4 in any situation I have owned them both only my scrambler was a 5004x4.

Old 01-04-2001, 10:20 AM
Trailblazer

Hey smellow01shambler500.

Thanks for you opinion! now how about going back to your forum.

Old 01-04-2001, 11:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well I just was trying to let new buyers know my opinion. And I have drove a raptor and sure it is fast but then again I want to explore all the land that I can. And I can handle any corner and jump any jump that a raptor can. My scr. $5,800 drive out, raptor is $7,200 drive out. I guess the guess the extra money is for shipping it from the other side of the world, it could not be for new features because it is severly lacking compared to the scrambler. such as steel brake lines, floor boards, auto tranny (this is a luxury) plenty of response and no missing a gear it is SMART enough to know where to be at any time any situation without hesitation. It also has the brightest lights, brake light so you don't get hit when you need to suddenly stop, backup pull cord for if you have a dead battery. Raptors better hope they are near a hill to roll it down. So take it how you want to i'm just trying to open some eyes.

Quick Reply: raptor is a rip off!!!