Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

350 warrior rebuild&modifications

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 warrior rebuild&modifications

I have a 94, 350warrior that was stock.
I got drunk last winter and tried to cross a flooded creek and got it hung up on a tree and had to abandon it because my hand slipped and i fell underwater [mid january icy creek @ 3:00am]
I was a long way in the woods and had to walk out frozen to the bone [ good thing i was wearning coveralls and was drunk] well I sent my motor to the shop cause it finally blew up 6months L8er
and the shop wanted $1.300 to rebuild it, bored out, big bore kit, new crank, hotstage1 cam, new piston , valve job etc etc. But that was alot of money and i want to ride now lol, so i bought the bottom end off ebay for $200. and im using my old head and crap.
So ya pls tell me how it goes, maybe ill strip my bike back down and have it bored afterall lol.. Btw, my warrior is now black frame, shocks,and nerf bars with blue net blue bark bustersand hand grips, crome a arms, rims,front bumper, grab bar,swingarm and throttle/oil covers but Im not sure if i want to do my plastic black, or blue to match netting and hand guards, my seat is a grayish white, any ideas.. i got razor2s on the back tires and holeshots on the front k&n air filter of course, pro taper handle bars, FmF slip on exaust with an after market front racing nose with 1 oval holed vent, i did away with the big head lights due to new racing nose cover, but thinking of using some nice looking small car/truck fog lights lol and I only bought the bike for $1k any Ideads suggestions? critisism welcome too. BtW, should I add a torch stuffer in the stock header at the motor? or inbetween the header and slip on? or not at all? lol, yup im a noobie but i got heart little money and want to race

Old 09-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

take the torque stuffer out NOW all it does is restrict airflow

Old 09-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Speedy2222

take the torque stuffer out NOW all it does is restrict airflow</end quote></div>

Actually the torque stuffer creates more exhaust gas velocity at lower rpms helping exhaust engine scavenging to help produce more lower rpm power where you ride the most. At higher rpms then it will become a restriction and cause to much backpressure in the exhaust system and the engine will have to work harder to get the exhaust gas out of the pipe.. you'll loose a little on the top end, so it's a trade off.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

My suggestions: Don't get drunk then go out and drive, don't get drunk and put your engine back together. Both could be hazardous to your health...... If the Ebay bottom end is is good shape, I would run that to save money for now. Rebuild the top end (you could even get a JE 366 piston kit) and you're all set for less than $500.