Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are good mods for a 2006 raptor 350

im looking for getting some good performance parts and i need some help

Old 11-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

A slip on exhaust will make a noticable difference in the way the quad runs and sounds. The carburator does not need to be rejetted with an aftermaket exhaust system so that is a plus unless you decide to add a different air filter. Change your gearing to get better bottom, or top end depending on what kind of riding you do. There is also a two piece carb setup from rocky mountain that will give you better performance at 1/2 throttle if you like to trail ride.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Depends on how much you want to do to it. As bigburn mentioned, a good slip-on (HMF is awesome on the 350), K&N filter, jet kit, drill some 1" holes in the airbox lid, and I like a 14 tooth on the front. The 350 already has plenty of bottom end power, so a 14 tooth really gives more use of the engine's power than a 12 tooth. A good cam will help out. I have always ran the .430" Webcam with good results. JE makes a good 10.5:1 compression piston that will help. With these mods you should run with 400EXs no problem. If this isn't fast enough for you, get another bike that is already faster.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

an add in the cycle traders mags and Craigslist try to get top dollar add 2-3000 of your own money and slip on a 700r. Youll never get your money back once you start moding it and if you want to run with 426exs 450s ect youde be better off going bigger learning how to handle all of the extra power then put what your wanting to outrun now in a cloud of dust.

If you want to keep the 350 and you ride in the woods start by droping a tooth on the front sprocket then a slip on new air filter and rejet. But after a month or two you will be hunting for more power.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

In my opinion the suspenion is the 350's biggest bottleneck in performance unless you're riding in fairly smooth and flat areas most of the time. A good set of aftermarket shocks, and an extended axle and a-arms will get you riding a lot quicker than what an extra 8 horsepower is going to give you. The weight also sucks on them, but trying to make them lighter is a lost cause as most of the machine's excessive weight comes from that 140 lb engine. Tires are another big one, those stock tires are a performance killer.

As far as getting more power, of course there's the basic exhaust and intake kit. Exhaust is mostly personal preference. All the major brands give about the same gain in power, the difference between them lies in what area of the powerband the gain is focused on. Depending on how and where you ride, you might want an HMF if you want some low end power, or something like a yoshimura if you want more top end power.

Then you start getting into the internal stuff and the carburetor. The stock carb on the raptor 350 is pretty decent from what I understand, so I think i'd keep that stock for now. A good cam and springs (no hotcam) will make a nice difference, especially when you combine that with a high compression piston.

This list can go on and on, and pretty soon you have more invested in the thing than it's worth, so you gotta watch yourself, because when you go to sell it you won't get your money back. Most cases like these, it's best to just ride it as it is until you're ready to make the jump to one of the more powerful machines. I'm bringing this to your attention because of my own personal experience. I have over $3,500 in aftermarket invested in my warrior, and will probably be spending another $1,500 or more this winter for more upgrades. I love my warrior and really enjoy having a unique machine in a world where everything seems to be a 400 or 450, but the biggest downside to all of this is that if I ever would sell this thing i'd end up getting hosed big time.

If you're more like the average trail rider and don't race or ride real hard, you'll probably be better off keeping the raptor 350, and just upgrading it in the areas that you feel it lacks, which can just be based on personal preference.