Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont be buying another yamaha

http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/

Old 11-29-2007, 06:47 PM
ptl
Weekend Warrior

I would talk to other people in your area and find out what dealer they are happy with. There too many bad one out there, Servicing all brands.

When you get it back and if some thing is not perfect. Call another dealer get it straightened out. Contact Yamaha if you need to. They want their product to be working correctly like you do.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

i called yamaha a week ago and i dont want to say complained, but told them how i was unhappy with the quality. they said they would talk to the dealer, and get them those parts fast, and would put in a work order to have the quad looked over. that was before thanksgiving i think. when i brought it in, it was just outside the warranty. so they said they would fix it free of charge, although that doesnt soothe me a 100% and the problem with another dealer is that, they are so far away from me, the one i bought this quad from is almost an hour away, the closest one is 45 minutes. i bought my first quad from the closer one, the reason i didnt go back the second time was because the further one had better prices.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:15 PM
ptl
Weekend Warrior

Union built? What atv is Union? What are you saying? Union built you will find out soon.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I do have to agree that parts are parts, yours was probably assembled on the day after newyears so that everyone was hung over. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The quad was assembled at the factory then shipped to the dealer, which would have installed the wheels, all fluids, and tightened the handlebars, why they did not check everything for you is beyond belief to any good reason when you spend that kind of money.

You did the right thing by calling yamaha and getting on them, if a quad is not in the shop and out in 2-3 weeks for any kind of a problem there is something going on.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Love my warrior, love my banshee, working on them is half the fun.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:38 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I would of asked the dealer if I can just take the crated up ATV home and put it together myself if he would knock off $200. Ihad a new KIA van that drained its battery and nobody at the dealership could figger it out. I brought it to a out of town KIA dealership and there clever mechanic found a grounded out wire under the power seat and its been great ever since.

All dealers are not the same.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:54 AM
Trailblazer

perhaps you should consider inspecting the quad before you ride next time....just a suggestion. i have been around many honda machines in my life, all still run good. i just bought a yfz450, have had some problems with loose nuts and bolts, but I always check before i ride, if not i accept responsibility for any loss. bottom line is if you want something done right do it yourself. since you probably can't build an entire quad by yourself, take what you get for face value then maintain and repair it yourself, unless it is under warrany.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have to say, first of all, congrats on having the fortitude to work hard and save this kind of money at your age....good job.

Second of all, and I hate to say it, welcome to the world of the big boys, we have all had many disappointments in life, sometimes to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars!(I vividly remember a $35,000 Chevy truck, I just had to have!)

Anytime, you purchase a new off the showroom item, be it a ATV a car, a truck, and yes, sometimes even a house, it is prudent to double check everything yourself, I know I always do now when I make a large purchase, I am **** about it, because I know the guy putting it together or the guy driving the nails, is never going to care as much as I do.

This does not sound like a Yamaha problem, but sounds like a shop problem, you have started down the right path and that was to call the company that manufactured the bike, for the most part THEY do care that their customers are happy, they want you to recommend their product and they want you to come back for a new one..

Shop problems don't exclusively belong to Yamaha, most all fo the companies have problems with various shops. Don't give up on Yamaha, but I would look for another dealer that can do things to your satisfaction, make a few calls and see what you come up with.

Anyway, hope your problems get fixed soon, so you can get back out riding.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry but you will get the same ordeal with any brand..You had a bit of bad luck,it's the nature of the beast..I have put more money in my 03 fixing it then it was worth brand new..But I am lucky I have a heated garage with all the metric tools I need,saved me a lot of money in labor..Plus it fun fixing them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: wont be buying another yamaha