Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wont be buying another yamaha

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont be buying another yamaha

i think your making a really big mistake i have been riding yamaha since i could ride and they have always been very good to me i have 4 yamahas now blaster, banshee, warrior, and raptor 660 i would bet money i would go out to my garage at any time and my two strokes would start first kick and the 4 stroke would be no problem to fire right up it all depends how you treat your machine i will stick with yamaha till the day i die

Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

alright, i treat my machine pretty well. and everyone knows theres is a defective quad everyonce in awhile though. and if you took your quad to the dealer, and said look at it. how happy would you be to find out that you owe 450 dollars because they went ahead and bought the part? what if you have no money. and, with the faulty parts, they were indeed faulty, the oil seal shouldnt go no matter how you treat it, the shift rod shouldnt fall off on the second day, and there shouldnt be a zillion bolts missing. i dont think your seeing exactly what my problems are

Old 12-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

you said you bought it in CT. Which dealer? In the future if you arent too far away from southington CT i go to a mechanic not a stealership and for future issues hes really good and really reasonable on price but its not for somebody who doesnt know anything about whaty they are bringing in. He has saved me so much money over the years. Worked on all 3 of my atvs, my dirtbikes, my supermoto CR500, snowmobiles, and my jetboat. My starters both went on my jetboat (twin engine) so instead of replacing them both he replaced one with a new one, then took the good parts out of both starters and rebuilt the other starter for like 30 bucks labor, saved me 250 bucks and boat has run fine all last season with it.

Old 12-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

no, it was assembled in connecticut and then shiped to ronnies, in mass. which is where i bought it, however, i live near the border so im in NY

Old 12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: maxxedouty

Also look up magnuson moss act might have more teeth. This is a federal law where the lemon law is state, I believe..</end quote></div>

My understanding of the Magnuson Moss Act is that the dealership must prove that any aftermarket type of part that you have installed was the reason for the failure and reason to void the warranty.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: quadbart

More power to ya,

Obviously its your right to buy whatever you want for whayever reasons you want.

But dont think for a minute that other manufacturers dont have their problems too.

ATVs are mechanical items, their gonna have problems.

Their all designed and assembled by human beings and as we all know, humans make mistakes. Nothing is perfect.

So....... Good luck with that.</end quote></div>

What he said"

Old 12-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

They replaced the front diff lock motor and there was nothing wrong with it in the first place? I would demand your old parts back if they cant supply them tell them that you are not going to pay for it.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

they replaced it because it was broken. but i broke it. just bad luck, wrong place at the wrong time....and they gave me the part back. i picked up my quad today and paid 430 dollars, its alot but i missed my quad

Old 02-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

hi, i know this thread is old, but i have some news. i had to bring my quad back to the shop again haha, this time because the dashboard computer was fried (god knows why) however, i brought it to an entirely different dealer. and they are nice, they called me and told me what was wrong with it and i said ok great, thats what i thought it was and since it was gonna cost 400 bucks i told them to put it back together and id pick it up later. but then a little while later, they call back and apparently they called yamaha!!! i didnt even ask them too! and whatdya know, yamahas gonna pay for my dash computer!!!! and its like totally off warrenty. haha im so happy htat i may have finally found a dealer that cares. however, im still unhappy that the quad is a lemon haha but oh well i guess it happens.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

I've had the same experince with certian dealerships, thats why i don't buy from the one with the best deal, buy from the one with the best service department... had a bad experience with a dealership, the head service dick told me all hi-performance 4 strokes hesitate off idle, i luaghed in his face and told him what i though of him, loaded it up went to a dealership i knew knew what they were talking about, and $20 and a hour later it was fine, they hadn't adjusted the carb for our area..... oh yeah and the first dealership had also siad it might be the cosmeline that is in the carbs when they are shipped to them and the poor gas they put in the bikes, needless to say if my buddy wouldn't have been there i would have went to jial that day..... but you live and learn....
Good luck and ask around here before taking it back to that dealer

Quick Reply: wont be buying another yamaha