Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster only idles will not rev - help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster only idles will not rev - help!

I have a 2000 Blaster that I recently purchased. It would only idle when purchased and had other problems so I did a complete rebuild: crank. crank bearings, piston, rings, bored, honed, new seals, new gaskets etc. Put everything back together and still only idles. I thought the TORS might be the problem - does anyone have GOOd instructions for disconnection. The ambiguous instructions I found were: disconnect throttle switch and twist those wires together to make a complete circuit, disconnect carb wire (no splicing wires), certain instructions said disconnect the brain too? Good instructions would be helpful because these did not work. Any other thoughts why this bike wont rev beyond idle? Thanks Guys!

Old 12-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Ours has done the same thing this past spring. Since I have already taken off all the tors stuff, I was a little puzzled as to why. I finially disconected the parking brake rev limiter and it solved our problem. The wire going to it had became pinched and caused it to short out, thus not letting it rev. I disconected it under the front hood. I just traced the wires from the handle bars back to a connection under the hood, to a small black box. (thats also how I found the pinched spot) You could start unhooking it at the handle bars and work your way down to the box. If that doesn't work, you can put it back rather easy. I'll look for better detailed info on the tors removel for that year of blaster.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaha's ebrake sensor on the wolverine,banshee,blaster,warrior has been plagued with badness evilness and the likes...

I had issues and had much better luck after disconnecting the switch on my wolverine. its always a good start with stuttering issues

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: asfasasu3

Ours has done the same thing this past spring. Since I have already taken off all the tors stuff, I was a little puzzled as to why. I finially disconected the parking brake rev limiter and it solved our problem. The wire going to it had became pinched and caused it to short out, thus not letting it rev. I disconected it under the front hood. I just traced the wires from the handle bars back to a connection under the hood, to a small black box. (thats also how I found the pinched spot) You could start unhooking it at the handle bars and work your way down to the box. If that doesn't work, you can put it back rather easy. I'll look for better detailed info on the tors removel for that year of blaster.</end quote></div>

Old 12-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks! From what I can gather they didn't start the brake rev limiter untill 2002 or 2003 and my bike is a 2000!?. I will do some investigation on that. Thanks for your help.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

maybe different for the blaster but my buddy has a 99 warrior and i have a 2001 wolvy both have the sensor