Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Any do the $69 a month financing????

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any do the $69 a month financing????

No Polaris350 they don't want you to mess up , and they won't give just anyone these deal's ; and repossion is the last thing they want to do because everyone would lose !

Some ( but maybe not all ) want the buyer make the $69 a month even after the 2 yrs. , because this is when the interest or finacing rates kick in ; they want you to stick with the $69 a month for the rest of the balance so they make more money this way !

And the one's that mess up by being late on a payment , suffer's the most ; and some of these buyer's mess up through no fault of their own !

Because of an illness in the family or have a setback with layoff's from the workplace , feel cheated and knowing their credit score drop's ; and know they will be forsed into a repossion will delibertly try to desroy the quad before the repossion ! ..........

Old 12-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 69 a month payment but I pay about 410 a month to pay it off in 23 months. Then the Company can't screw you over with the 22.5-29.0 APR are that they will charge at the wnd of the 24th month.
If you put any ccessories on it it could rase the monthly payment mine went from 69 to 89 with 2 grand worth of accessories. All it does is covers the intrests for the 2 years.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

The 69 is a marketing deal.. Did it get you in the dealership doors? Then it worked. I can't say that it is screwing you over or not. It makes it possible to sell a lot more machines... and that is what they are trying to do. It amounts to a rental payment, and in 2010, you really start paying it off. If you can pay it off sooner as you say, then it made it possible for you to ride for a couple years instead of having to wait. There are pluses and minuses either way. If you are comfortable with it, then I'd say go for it.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Dragginbutt
The 69 is a marketing deal.. Did it get you in the dealership doors? Then it worked. I can't say that it is screwing you over or not. It makes it possible to sell a lot more machines... and that is what they are trying to do. It amounts to a rental payment, and in 2010, you really start paying it off. If you can pay it off sooner as you say, then it made it possible for you to ride for a couple years instead of having to wait. There are pluses and minuses either way. If you are comfortable with it, then I'd say go for it.
Well said. Lets face it, life is too short to just save money and pay cash for everything. Thats a pipe dream. Aint gonna happen unless your rich and Im gonna assume that most here are working stiffs like me. So... you have to finance your quad. I did the $49 a month deal through Kawasaki(2005 Brute)on my first ATV and stoopidly I was only sending them the minimum or a little over for the first year and a half. Then, it hit me. Oh ****! So, I had to scramble and cough up whatever cash I could and finance the rest with a regular loan through my bank. Not a big deal... but the first two years you arent paying off ANYTHING. So, like others have said, you end up paying quite a bit more for your quad than you would have. The benefit, of course is that you get it NOW and can enjoy it NOW.

This time around since I happen to be in the market right now, I will put down about $1500 and will finance the rest using a regular bank loan. I am prolly getting a Yamaha but I will NOT use their financing or get their credit card. The payment will be larger but Im not going to spend as much as last time so I can swing it comfortably.

So, go for the low payment plan IF and ONLY IF within a year or even less you have an alternate plan for financing. Even using a CC with 0% interest is fine. Whatever you do, do NOT stay with Yamaha credit until the end...now way that will work out for you!