Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

87 warrior 350 help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 warrior 350 help

ok here's the problem, my warrior takes forever to start after maybe 10 or 20 trys when it's cold regardless if the choke is on or off. when it's warm sometimes it will start right up and sometimes it won't???? when i let it idle to warm up it keeps shutting off so i have to hold the gas in to keep it running sometimes. i dunno if this is normal because it's cold? i went ridinga few months ago and it started right up everytime. one push of the button is all it took. not now. i also noticed that the plug is dry fouled and the tip is a little white. i also put a white brothers quite core silencer on it but it didn't come with any air/fuel mixture settings. so i dunno if it's running like it should or if it's running lean. i know before i was fouling plugs left and right until i adjusted the air/fuel mixture. i think a lil lean is better than too rich. so i'm beging to think that the white on the tip of the plug is a good sign. but i just want to make sure. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Old 12-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

You're too lean and the cold weather has made it worse. Your plug should be greyish-brown - not white! If you ride it hard in this condition you will risk blowing it up. You need to go up on your main jet and needle position.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yhea you definetly need to rejet.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

really!!!! wow i didn't think it was that bad. ok raise the needle up one spot and the next size bigger jet. luckaly i have a bunch of jets so that saves a trip to the parts store. now i noticed the electrode and around the electrode is black (dry fouled) and just the metal piece that goes over the electrode is white. the black is from before i put the silencer on. and i also don't know if my air/fuel mixture is right. i dunno where it should be because i can't find anything that tells me. but like i said it ran fine with no problems when i went riding a few months ago that was also with out the silencer.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Warmer weather will richen up the mixture and colder weather will lean it out. Mine is too rich now and it didn't run that good this summer but now with the cooler weather it runs much better. My problem is that I had it jetted right before the stroker went in and of course it has a longer stroke which actually pulls in more fuel which will make it run richer. So I need to drop my needle and go down a jet. Nothing runs better than a lean engine but it won't run like that for long!

Old 12-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

so does that mean i will have to change jets in the summer and winter??? so after i move my needle up and up my jet size it should start up fine and run fine.... right?

Old 12-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

That depends on the weather change where you are. I'm in Florida and it rarely gets very cold so 1 jet fits all as far as the seasons are concerned.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

here's another question for you... i can't get my front brakes and my rear brake to feel hard or firm. i have no leaks and all the seals and hoses are fine with no leaks at all. there's no leaks where the hose goes into the caliper either. even after i bled then they still feel spongy. i bled them until there were no air bubbles comming out. i dunno why they would still feel spongy or soft??? i was thinking maybe that's just how they are or that's the way the brakes are i dunno?????

Old 12-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Range Rover

87warrior, I have the same problem with my girls bike. It's a pre-90 frame and front suspension. I bled the hell out of the front brakes, and they are still soft and lack stopping power. I am getting ready to swap all the a-arms and spindles and I figure while I have that all ripped apart I'll slap some new pads on the front, and go thru the whole system to try and find a problem.

Anyone know if these calipers can be rebuilt?

Old 12-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

yea i bled the hell out of mine too and still soft. i rebuilt all my calipers by just putting in new seals so i know for a fact there are no leaks and the hoses are new too.

Quick Reply: 87 warrior 350 help