Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

95 Warrior with no spark??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Warrior with no spark??

Ok, I have had this warrior for a year now and have worked on it for many many hours and I have replaced the CDI with a brand new, the stator assembly is a new ricky stator, the wiring harness is new, new coil, new battery, all new switches, new neutral and reverse relays, new starter solenoid, new flywheel. Every thing that has anything to do with the electrical is new and has been tested, I have tested time and time again, and I cant figure it out. No spark!!! Im about ready to just part it out and get some of my money back.. If you can help or give me some pointers it would help.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

did replace the wire from the coil to the plug... or just check at ur coil to see if you have Volts coming from the coil.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have .003 on the voltage meter on the orange wire going in to the coil, do you know how much voltage should be at the coil?

Old 03-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Anyone??

Old 03-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer

No idea, but i am 99% sure point .003 volts is way low

Old 03-19-2008, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

http://www.sandwizards.com/Service_Manuals/warrior.pdf Chapter 7 will tell you how to test everything. May not be exactly your year model, but it may help. Also make sure there are no wires in the back that have been rubbing the frame and have rubbed through the wire insulation, causing it to short out. My 97 Warrior did this and my buddies 2001 Warrior did it while we were riding last weekend. Check good around the CDI and the other black box that faces the rear. If these wires short out it will cause you to lose spark.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok, I have no voltage to the coil. I have read that a bad coil would be the cause of no voltage but that makes no since to me?? I have 4 coils one of them is brand new, ive tried all of them but no spark or even voltage to the orange wire? Any one know how much voltage should be at the coil when the key is on?

Old 03-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

You should have at least 12 volts DC to the coil on the orange wire. A bad ignition coil will not be the cause of no voltage on the orange wire. The ignition coil takes the voltage that is put in on the orange wire and boosts it up. Don't know how much but I'd guess from 12 Volts DC to at least 15,000 volts. But if you have no voltage coming in, its not going to put out any voltage. .003 volts in nothing. Page 7-29 in the manual starts explaining how to check all the electrical components. You need an ohmmeter for the tests. The orange wire gets power from the CDI box. Also make sure you have a good ground.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Good ground at the box and every where else for that matter, Im willing to be Im just looking over the obvious here. It has some thing to do with the cdi not putting out 12 volts to the orange wire, possibly there is something grounded that shouldnt be that goes in to the cdi? I have checked every thing that I can think of and every thing the book says too. I can almost close my eyes and see the wiring diagram! Im not going to rest untill I find this damn gremlin.... I have never had this much trouble with any thing I have ever worked on!! And Im a mechanic! It may not seem like it by reading this, it looks like Im a parts changer, but desperate times call for desperate measures! I want to ride this summer.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

You could go through with Voltmeter and see where exactly between the coil and the battery you are losing power.

Quick Reply: 95 Warrior with no spark??