Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

found a great deal on pads

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default found a great deal on pads

just wanted to let everyone know that if you have an o'reilly's auto parts in your neck of the woods, they now sell brake pads for quads. I just picked up a complete set for my warrior, front and rear for $40. I will be putting them on tommorrow. I will give a report on how they work after I run them for a bit.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: embler

just wanted to let everyone know that if you have an o'reilly's auto parts in your neck of the woods, they now sell brake pads for quads. I just picked up a complete set for my warrior, front and rear for $40. I will be putting them on tommorrow. I will give a report on how they work after I run them for a bit.</end quote></div>

Thanks for the info. Is 40 bucks a good price? ebay looks to be better pricing. Some with free shipping even.

Brand???

Old 03-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

I believe $40 is a good price. my local shop wants $30 a set, so the whole deal would cost $90 there since it takes 3 sets. each set at o'reilly was about $12. the cheapest I have seen online (besides evil-bay) was about $21 a set. I will have to check tommorrow to see what brand they are. I do know they are the sintered pads, supposedly for heavy duty use.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

I believe $40 is a good price. my local shop wants $30 a set, so the whole deal would cost $90 there since it takes 3 sets. each set at o'reilly was about $12. the cheapest I have seen online (besides evil-bay) was about $21 a set. I will have to check tommorrow to see what brand they are. I do know they are the sintered pads, supposedly for heavy duty use.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

Honestly... with Brake pads... you get what you pay for.... your $12 pads might last you 200 miles... All the years I have been into Dirtbike, more recently switched to quads... Get the Good pads.. yeah - they may cost $30 a set... but then again they LAST longer too...

If they are sintered pads - I'd be interested in learning more - what is the Brand though ? ??

Each his own.. but EBC/Moose make some of the best brakes out there for ATVs/Dirtbikes, yea it cost me $90 to do all the brakes on my Grizzly 450.. but they are EBC's and I know they will last [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

the name on them is "brake best" i needed new pads anyway so i decided to give them a shot. it sure can't hurt to try them. while it is true most of the time that you get what you pay for, sometimes the cheapest ones are the best.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

True - and I am surely interested in see how they work out... because I have not problem spending $40 over $90 anyday!

Old 03-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

lol, same here. that extra $50 can go towards gas to ride or other parts. like I said before I will give a report on how they work and hold up.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

Gas.. Yea.. well both of my hobbies involve gas... I am going sledding this weekend and the 600 total miles (between my truck and sled) is going to cost me about $125 for the weekend but who cares! that is what savings accounts are meant for! oh and since my sled is a 2-stroke - about 2 QTS of oil.. so thats another $15.. again - who cares! I don't because the enjoyment is well worth it !

Old 03-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

so true. my other hobby is drag racing my mustang. lots of gas for it! lol

Quick Reply: found a great deal on pads