Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee VS Raptor!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2001, 06:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is a Banshee better than a Raptor for me. I am 13 Years old and i ride some mud. Alot of water,and snow,and dunes,and trails so i bascily ride every thing and what would be the best for me i Love Speed i need it to beat my Nebigors stock suzki Quadzila 500! Which one would you Pick?
Thanks,
Andrew

Old 01-20-2001, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

Neither will beat your neighbors 500, but you will definitely get more ride time if you go with the Banshee, as the Raptor is usually found at the dealer, being repaired.

Old 01-20-2001, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer

My Nebigor told me the faster he has had it at was 65Mph wide opened his sons modfied 400ex ties with it in a Drag Race.

Old 01-20-2001, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer

i made a Mistake not Faster fastest

Old 01-20-2001, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

That stuff about Raptors always bein in the shop is such Bull . I have had mine for a while now and haven't had any problems at all. And the dealership in my town hasn't had even ONE back for warranty work. There's probably 100 people on this forum who have Raptors and a few have had problems that just get re-stated over and over. And you Quadfather with a Polaris?? You're one to talk about reliability. And if you are gonna reply back about having no problems with your Polaris and all the talk is garbage, then you know exactly how 90% of us Raptor riders feel, so dont waste your time.
Profanity edited by atvbbs

Old 01-20-2001, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like your neighbors zilla has problems. It should absolutely devastate a stock 400ex.

A Raptor and Banshee will both beat a 400 in terms of brute speed. A modded 'shee can beat a stock zilla.

Old 01-20-2001, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

A men to that! I ride only at the dunes. My brother and I absoltely torture our Raptors. Riding in the dunes is so hard on them. Guess what, NO PROBLEMS!!!! 30 minute motos on some hard grueling tracks. Okay my brother who weighs 245 w/ his gear on bent his axle. We're 34 and not **** though, I think if your weight was that much and are jumping 60ft constantly you might bend an axle also. We are both coming off of totally decked out Honda 295r's. People ask us all the time do you miss those BAD *** 295's you used to have? Not at all is always my answer. I think most people are to biased toward one brand

Profanity/vulgarity edited by atvbbs

Old 01-20-2001, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

It doesn't matter which of these is better for you, cause if you're only 13 yrs old, by the time you're ready for a quad like that something better will be available.

And I agree totally with 660R01.
Quadfather, I can't believe that someone who owns a Polaris would ever have the nerve to talk about another machine being in the shop. Do you know anybody with a Polaris that hasn't had problems?

Old 01-21-2001, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

Actually, Bullet, I ride with six Polaris owners. I have, in three years of riding with these guys, only seen one fail. He is the guy on my site fixing his. It is a 1994 model, and he abuses it every chance he gets. He is currently shopping for another Polaris.

I have also ridden with every other brand made. I have seen electric shifting models shut down. Swingarms snap, carbs blow off, total electric meltdowns, and just about whatever else you can imagine. It's all just luck of the draw, I think.

Old 01-22-2001, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

All else aside, I do believe that Polaris has, overall, (although it's getting better) an absolutely dismal track record for fit and finish as well as serious reliability issues. Even Polaris itself will admit to some of this. Why do you think they incorporate so many changes in their machines every year? And it always seems to correspond to exactly what the media people who test them are bitching about. Everyone else's designs for the most part are spot-on from the get go and by and large do not require re-engineering. I'm glad you like your Polaris, Quadfather, but none of their models could ever meet up to my expectations. Comparing failure ratios of Polaris to Yamaha is absolutely ludicrous!!! My Raptor has been absolutely flawless, as well as every Yamaha I have ever owned, which have been many. Just my 2 cents worth...not trying to start a flame war here!

Quick Reply: Banshee VS Raptor!