Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

is any body from Alberta CANADA????

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is any body from Alberta CANADA????

Hey, not to be disrespectfull to the "who lives in Pennsylvania" thread, but I am wondering if any one else here is from Alberta. I live North of Edmonton just past the town of Athabasca, we got all kinds of trails up here, so I am told, we just moved up here and we just bought some quads, our first ones, bought one this past winter for plowing snow and with some 600 acres of back yard have found a few trails. So the other day I went and bought a 2002 yamaha 660 Grizzly so the whole family can go camping in the bush,
I am wondering if any one else is from Alberta so I can find more places to go ride and some people to go riding with, it aint as much fun alone, but fun it is,,

Old 07-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Trailblazer

im from ontario canada , but i have relitives , a curtis and randel simonds that live in northern edmonton alberta. they booth have bikes. and they booth work for a paving company.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

A couple of good 4x4 spots to ride if you don't mind taking a trip: Ram Falls area (SW of Rocky Mountain house), Brazeau Reservoir area- and spillway (S of Drayton Valley, "Golden Triangle" area (Edson-Whitecourt).
Real good riding up near Athabasca too...just gotta find the spots. Drop in to your local ATV shop and ask around...
Look for Poker Rallies and the like, I've met lots of riders at those types of events.
Check out the OUTLAW ATV CLUB out of Edmonton. They might know of a group up in your area! Great group! They have a bunch of events and rallies all year.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

WARNING...
If you go to Brazeau Reservoir, and camp...LOCK your quads at night! Thieves are at work in the area. Police know where they come from and where they take the machines, but don't seem too interested in going on to that reserve of land to do anything about it. Machines go missing EVERY long weekend!

Old 07-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the feedback, I have been camping down at the brazeau damn, forgot all about the thousands of quads we seen that weekend, we didnt have atv's then, we just went to go fishing, I will continue to look for trails near home and hopefully we will meet some people to go riding with, i gotta get a trailer i guess and get the motorhome running again, the timing belt went last year, so better get to work,
thanks again for the input, that idea about going to the local atv dealer is a great idea, think i will check them out tomorrow..
chow for now,, ride safe,, jeff