Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee for the trails...yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee for the trails...yes or no?

I greatly appreciate all the advice. I keep thinking about getting a banshee, but I always seem to need someone to talk me out of it. I'm not really fond of two strokes to begin with, but something about the banshee draws me into it. Also, I've been searching for over 3 months...I'm not buying on impulse. raptor 700's are NOT going for 4000 in my area. The cheapest I found anywhere I looked in a 200 mile radius was about $6000.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

Since you arent looking to ride really technical trails just up on the mountain logging roads and open trails a banshee would be fine. they are just as good on non-technical trails as any other machine out there. As some have said there are definitely better machines out there for trail riding but for what you have described it could do the job. for 4k you could easily find a good one and upgrade the suspension and give it better handling, but you could also find some great 4 stroke machines. I'm not tellin you to get a banshee or not to get one. If you dont have dunes close by and you buy a shee and dont like it you might have a hard time unloading it... so def take that into consideration when buying one and make your offer accordingly. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Trailblazer

Thats something I've also taken into consideration: If I don't like it, getting rid of it will be very difficult. I've learned that the Banshee is a legendary quad, but there are so many different machines now that are better than the Banshee so no one wants them anymore. I could easily get one for $2500 but if I didn't like it and wanted to sell it, I might have a hard time trying to get that money back. I've pretty much decided that I want every sport quad out there over the past 3 or 4 months lol. Everytime I think I want a certain one, I find a different one for cheaper or someone convinces me to get a different one. I'm not confused on WHAT to get, I'm just stuck on WHICH one to get lol. Now, I can add the Banshee to my list which makes it even more difficult to decide. Also, my budget sucks so I can't get a nice one like a 700r or an Outlaw 525.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider

well i say the banshee is built for 2 things, dunes and racing... they do not handle good on the trails but are crazy fast machines, if you get used to one then you might be fine but i would stay away from it if you want a serious trail riding quad...

if you want a good trail quad for that price then try a 400ex or a predator.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mechanicock

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atv_fan

I would love to get a 700r, but thats out of my budget range (being only $4,000). </end quote></div>

umm look around bro there are used 700's going like crazy for about that price.......

research is key, buy on an impulse if you want but you wont be happy.</end quote></div>

Yep here's one http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/861853510.html atvfan,where do you live that ATV's are so expensive?

Old 10-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I belive he said Montana.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Trailblazer

Ya thats correct, Montana. See, I don't feel like make it a mini vacation to go and pick up an ATV. lol. Like I said, I'm looking within a 200 mile radius of where I'm located (Missoula, MT) and ATV's up here are pretty spendy. for example, I believe I saw an '06 700r going for $6400. That was the cheapest one I found. The only thing really cheap up here are Predators and Banshees. Other than that, it's all about finding a good deal on some of the others.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

I tell ya man your makin this harder than it has to be. To say you wont go on a mini vacation to pick up an ATV is......well sub par, you either love it enough to do it or you dont. Besides roadtrips are awesome! Or you could save your money for a while ride the rancher then when you have the cash buy the quad you want.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atv_fan

I believe I saw an '06 700r going for $6400. That was the cheapest one I found. </end quote></div>

Dang! I know where I need to go to sell mine! I have my '07 700 listed for $5500 and haven't even had a bite on it yet. I was considering dropping the price to $4800. And the cost of living where I live is not even that high compared to other places.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

That is funny that was the same place I was born LOL. Dude take a trip to Spaokane Wa. you will be able to find ton's of cheep quads there!

Quick Reply: Banshee for the trails...yes or no?