Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee for the trails...yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee for the trails...yes or no?

See, thats what I mean. I'll go to Like Spokane, WA but I won't go on a 24hr drive to go and get one. With the money I use for gas, I could just buy an expensive one here. For example, I won't travel to North Dakota or Wyoming to get one. Yes, roadtrips are cool but I want to make sure there isn't something cheaper closer first.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

In that case if I were you I would go with a 400 class quad id is just the ticket for where you will be riding!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

Go to Banshee HQ web site to get honest and knowledgeable info on the Banshee. Too many on this site have never even owned a Shee and try to tell you what they can and cannot do.
A properly tuned and jetted Banshee is totally reliable with less maintenance than most 4 strokes. The banshee can be tuned for many different riding situations from low/mid range power to all top end. Many Banshee trail riders go with a single 28 or 30 mm carb conversion to significantly improve low/mid range performance. This conversion also greatly eases jetting and illiminates carb sync hassles.
The newer 4 strokes starting with the 400EX are often better suited for gnarly trails but the Banshee can be a total kick for easier/fast trails.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: oldturtle

Go to Banshee HQ web site to get honest and knowledgeable info on the Banshee. Too many on this site have never even owned a Shee and try to tell you what they can and cannot do.

A properly tuned and jetted Banshee is totally reliable with less maintenance than most 4 strokes. The banshee can be tuned for many different riding situations from low/mid range power to all top end. Many Banshee trail riders go with a single 28 or 30 mm carb conversion to significantly improve low/mid range performance. This conversion also greatly eases jetting and illiminates carb sync hassles.

The newer 4 strokes starting with the 400EX are often better suited for gnarly trails but the Banshee can be a total kick for easier/fast trails.</end quote></div>

Obviously then you have never rode the trails in MT. They dont get much more gnarly than that! [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMI

That is funny that was the same place I was born LOL. </end quote></div>

You were born in NC?

Old 10-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Raptor450

You were born in NC?</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Um No! Never even been there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer

You would be better off with a 4 stroke 450 or 400. If you get a banshee I would stick to the track...or dunes. They sit pretty low. Otherwise, plate the entire underside...could get costly though if you're on a limited budget.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Raptor450

You were born in NC?</end quote></div>

[img][/img] Um No! Never even been there. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Oh I see, I had to back up a few threads to figure out where you were talking about.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easy one..No every shee I went trail riding with always went back to the trail-head at the end of a pull strap..

Old 10-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

If you get a Banshee be sure and get it for the right reason. That would be to have more fun than you can imagine on easy jeep trails and fireroads. As long as you pick the route you can run with anyone and have the most fun. I think it could be mistake to get a Banshee just because you can find them cheaper than some new 450 that you really prefer.
The ground clearance of the Shee is no less than any other solid axle sport quad. On the easy trails you describe all you might want would be frame skids. The Banshee will use about twice as much fuel as other sporties so many serious trail riders opt for the big IMS aftermarket tanks to extend range.
Don't swallow the stories about being towed out either. Because the Banshee is so easy to tune for big power, many owners in the past have just gone too far with power mods and turned their ride into a grenade. The same thing can happen with a four stroke but it just costs much more. So keep mods in the sensible range and enjoy roosting the slowstrokes.

Quick Reply: Banshee for the trails...yes or no?