Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is the banshee for me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the banshee for me?

dodge57hemi I think we all know what your opinion is. You have stated it at least 4 times in this thread. You think new four stroke tech is so much superior.

Why is it that my 421 cub banshee will blow away all my buddies 450's YFZ's TRX's and Raptors. After all it is old technology according to you? My buddies 450s are geeked out with all of the aftermarket parts ie cams head work pipes filter and intake systems. They have taken advanatge of all of the latest aftermarket parts. The fastest of them is the Raptor but it is no where near as fast as a built banshee. Especially with cub cylinders. I can walk away from any 4-stroke. I also have a Quadzilla with pipes and intake by Dr Q. That thing is just as fast as the banshee. They make power at different RPM's the quadzilla is a torque monster and the banshee is a high horspower high rev machine. They are both much faster than any current production machine even after severe aftermarket part upgrades.

Thought I would give him some perspective from someone who owns 2-strokes.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think the OP is a little limited on funds? In that case, a good used Banshee is the way to go in my opinion. Right out of the box, banshees run extremely well, have very little maintenance, and keeps up with just about anything from the past and present.
The new 4 stroke bikes start at around 7g's. A good used banshee will be half that.
There is a reason that since 1987 there have been only a handful of changes to the banshee. "If it's not broke, don't fix it". There will always be parts for the banshee because most parts from a 2006 on back will work on a 1987.
I have 2-stroke and 4-stroke bikes and they each have there pro's and con's. For the money, I would take a shee or R any day.

PS - I would love to have the new 700R as well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: minnzilla

dodge57hemi I think we all know what your opinion is. You have stated it at least 4 times in this thread. You think new four stroke tech is so much superior.

Why is it that my 421 cub banshee will blow away all my buddies 450's YFZ's TRX's and Raptors. After all it is old technology according to you? My buddies 450s are geeked out with all of the aftermarket parts ie cams head work pipes filter and intake systems. They have taken advanatge of all of the latest aftermarket parts. The fastest of them is the Raptor but it is no where near as fast as a built banshee. Especially with cub cylinders. I can walk away from any 4-stroke. I also have a Quadzilla with pipes and intake by Dr Q. That thing is just as fast as the banshee. They make power at different RPM's the quadzilla is a torque monster and the banshee is a high horspower high rev machine. They are both much faster than any current production machine even after severe aftermarket part upgrades.

Thought I would give him some perspective from someone who owns 2-strokes.</end quote></div>

If I recall I dont think I ever use the word superior. You can say all you want about 2strokes and everyone knows that it takes less cc's to build power than a 4 stroke but you need to give credit where credit is due I can take any current comparable model 4 stroke it it will out handle and out torque out ride any 2stroke out there, even the best handleing 2 stroke of all time the 250R ( I know I owned one)! If all you do is ride sand 2strokes are great but if you want a allarounder get a 4stroke. Heck I work on diesels and Detroit Diesel dont even use that ancient technology anymore!

You 2stroke owners crack me up honstly can you tell me anything that a 2 stroke can do better than a 4stroke other than top speed and being slightly easyier to work on and without dropping gobs of money into it?

Old 10-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Range Rover

You 2stroke owners crack me up honstly can you tell me anything that a 2 stroke can do better than a 4stroke other than top speed and being slightly easyier to work on and without dropping gobs of money into it?

[excuse me] you kind of controdict yourself because you say 2-strokes arent better and yet you say they are easily made fast and slightly easier to work on without spending lots of money but who doesnt want something that is easier to work on + cost less and to top it off a little faster who doesnt want that? i am not trying to pick a fight i am just pointing out an observation

Old 10-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer

yeah i mean 4 strokes are better! i mean yeah 2 strokes are faster, cheaper, lighter, more top end, and are more moddable but....i dont know where im going with this.

=D

Old 10-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Range Rover

Well i see his point in thinking that 4 strokes are better but 2 strokes are better in some ways like he said. thats what i think he was trying to explain but just said it wrong.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mojave man

Well i see his point in thinking that 4 strokes are better but 2 strokes are better in some ways like he said. thats what i think he was trying to explain but just said it wrong.</end quote></div>

Thank you! yes please dont take this the wrong way as my figers sometimes go faster than the brain LOL but both are fun bikes and you just need to get the one that fits the pocket book but IMO if you have the money get a 4 stroke as i feel you get more bang buck or as I like to call them allarounders! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't think you should be able to purchase a 4-stroke until you have cracked your shin with a 250r or lt500 kick start "foot slip-off". Should have to pull your right pants leg up before being allowed to purchase a 4-stroke.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

LOL you speek as from experience. I now I have been there done that!

Old 10-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

my shee costed $300 to rebuild,but i bought an extra set of rings on accident($50).the single carbs cost like $460 on ebay an it comes with an air filter, 35mm trinity carb and manifold. my shee came with it when i got it too. oh scrambler400enoge how are the old shees faster? mines an 87(looks brand new) and it gets clocked at 75 miles per hour with premium gas new head, pipes, filter,carb,reeds,bored .50 over stock sprokets.is that too slowfor a shee? my shee is all i need.it can ride trails and drag. you should get like an 89-92,maybe newer if you cant find an older one.

it feels like you are going a whole lot faster than 75 on trails.

Quick Reply: Is the banshee for me?