Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

why does my banshee run bad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why does my banshee run bad?

would the pick up coils make it run bad? the right side runs perfect and the left side will run thenit will miss and it boggs really bad when you start out and floor it.
and when you are in foruth or fifth gear,when you shift it studderes and then it kick back up in to the rpm. it runs fine at high rpms,but at low rpms it runs like shiot!!!!

it is not the carb!!! i have a lectron single carb and there are no jets!!! i just put new plugs on it. i bought another coil and itran the same so i think it might be the pick up.

could one side of the stator go bad? i got it up to 75 mph and with the mods i have people said it should go faster

stage IV head with 20 cc domes
fmf fatty pipes and power core 2 silencers
bored . 50 over
new coil
new reeds
new air cleaner
stock sprokets

Old 11-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

please help

Old 11-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Range Rover

well if the reason u think it runs bad is becasue it doesnt go faster than 75.. then the people that said that might be wrong.. but you need to descride wat it does

Old 11-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer

the right cyilinder runs but the left one doesnt run most of the time. it hits once in a while.
i think it needs the coil

Old 11-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

yea it is, ive heard of other people having those problems, its not the ignition coil i would think, its the stator like you said i would think, take and switch the sparkplug boots and then see if its still running bad on that one side. my bet is either theres a bad crank seal, or your stator is done, check out the wires and if there frayed or the insulation is gone then it will be most likely the prob. if it is then id def get a new stator from Rickys.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

i tested the coil and it has no resitance at all. i took the flywheel off and it looks like someone dipped it in white paint. white paint was covering the stator coils ,but i cleaned it off and it still didnt work. the stator tested fine so it isnt that even though it is the most logical answer. i bought another coil on ebay and it still didnt work but that was before. it also had a brand new ricky stator coil and that has no resitance too. so i am going to order a new coil.

could it be the cdi box? but if it was wouldnt it stop working on the one side altoghether?

Trailblazer

i tested the coil and it has no resitance at all. i took the flywheel off and it looks like someone dipped it in white paint. white paint was covering the stator coils ,but i cleaned it off and it still didnt work. the stator tested fine so it isnt that even though it is the most logical answer. i bought another coil on ebay and it still didnt work but that was before. it also had a brand new ricky stator coil and that has no resitance too. so i am going to order a new coil.

could it be the cdi box? but if it was wouldnt it stop working on the one side altoghether?

Trailblazer

oops double post!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Trailblazer

last time i switch the boots i blew one of the pistons out , but it was weird because it still ran!! i really dont want to do that again so any other suggestions?

Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer

i got over my fear and switched the boots. it ran exactly the same on the same cylinders!!! so what now? im going to buy a new coil but i might get a cdi just for the heck of it.

Quick Reply: why does my banshee run bad?