Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What is my Wolverine worth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is my Wolverine worth?

There is a guy who is looking for a good trade for his raptor and i was wondering how much my wolverine would compared to what he wants.
I have a blue Wolverine 450 4x4. It is a 2006 but i just got it from the dealership BRAND NEW this past April. I have put 545 miles so far.
One of the floorboards is broken in half but a new one is not that expensive(i already had to buy a new one for the other side). The front buper is bent just alittle bit bent from a head on collision and there are some stretch marks on the front fenders from the collision. The wheels are bent and scratched up some on the edges.
So what do yall think it is worth? Here are some pics. Thanks for any input.
Name:  Property001.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  119.5 KB
Name:  Property004.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  87.4 KB
Name:  Property002.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  94.2 KB

Old 11-20-2008, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

$4k ish...

Old 11-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

i would check KBB and see what they are quoting it at used. Also, have you looked at the other machine to see if its really worth it?

Old 11-20-2008, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: biskit134

$4k ish...</end quote></div>

wow i was thinking more around 3K

Old 11-20-2008, 01:22 AM
Trailblazer

i will check kbb. I think the raptor is well worth it, i have only seen pictures, but it looks not too bad.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

I did not read the full description. With that much "bendage" it would say to me that it had been ridden very very hard. I would say without seeing, hearing, or riding it in person around $2700

Old 11-20-2008, 01:36 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: biskit134

I did not read the full description. With that much "bendage" it would say to me that it had been ridden very very hard. I would say without seeing, hearing, or riding it in person around $2700</end quote></div>

if your talking about the bumper, it was from a head on collision with another ATV, but didnt really do any damage other than cosmetic damage

Old 11-20-2008, 02:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

there is a major diff. between seeing pictures and actualy riding it and checking it out. What type of riding are you planning on doing with the raptor? You may be better off with the wolverine or trading in the wolverine as a down payment for something new. If the raptor ends up not as good a deal as you thought, you may regret it. I wuld think about this a bit more

Old 11-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: intoashes83

there is a major diff. between seeing pictures and actualy riding it and checking it out. What type of riding are you planning on doing with the raptor? You may be better off with the wolverine or trading in the wolverine as a down payment for something new. If the raptor ends up not as good a deal as you thought, you may regret it. I wuld think about this a bit more</end quote></div>

well the reason i want a raptor is because i am wanting more than the wolverine can offer. Im afraid that if i keep riding it, im just going to tear it up more to the point that it will be hard to sell for a decent price. Also, i think im just pushing the wolverine past its limits. I know i can upgrade it with all kinds of stuff, but it would cost less and be smarter to get a quad that already performs the way i want it to stock. Also, the main i reason i got the wolverine was for the 4x4 , which i bearly have used anyways.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree. I would argue you on the 4x4 tho as it is always there in the event you need it, however the wolverine is a heavy utility/sport quad. I love mine in the terms that I do not ride rough or jump it. I just like blasting down trails and do find myself in positions where without the 4x4 i would be pretty screwed. Check KBB and then sit with the owner of the raptor and see what deals you can come up with. I would check everything over on the other bike and make sure your trading for something worth the trade.

Quick Reply: What is my Wolverine worth?