Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just Bought a Cobra Exhaust for Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Bought a Cobra Exhaust for Warrior

I just bought a Cobra exhaust!! haha Finally the old warrior can breathe easier!!

I am wondering about purchasing a jet kit what brand to buy and how hard it is to install at home??

Ive been enjoyin the quad alot just recently took it to a teammates practice track and hit some jumps as soon as i get the video online ill post it on the forum.
And i never would have thought the Warriors would be worth a darn in the mud that little things a monster!!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

Return that exhaust. Sorry to tell you this, but the Cobra exhaust is just downright junk. Get the HMF like we tell everyone on here for the Warrior, there is a previous thread from a while back about Cobra exhaust, you should be able to find it if you search. But seriously, don't waste your time with it, sell it, return it, do whatever you can to get your money back out of it and get the HMF sport slip on.

Warrior's like mud, mine does at least [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

yea id have to agree...the cobra exhaust is actually a lil bit worse then the stock exhaust ive heard but it just sounds a lil bit better, trust me thats what i had b4 the hmf pipe, the b4 and after was insane i swear it felt like a 6hp difference, with the cobra the power was just smooth and dopey and with the hmf it woke it up and made it peppy and had way more torque and pull. i seriously dnt think u will have to rejet with that pipe becuz it doesnt flow good at all, if anything adjust ur fuel screw maybe srry. for future reference stay away from Cobra and DG which stands 4 ( Dont Get) lol. cobra makes good pipes 4 harleys and stuff but not 4 quads.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Trailblazer

I have to agree with the above statements, also. I bought a DG (same as Cobra) pipe for a Warrior that I had a long time ago. It was junk, it didn't help the power at all, and it was chrome, but it started turning purple after a few rides. I sold it and bought a Curtis Sparks (they don't make pipes for Warriors anymore) and was a major improvement.

My buddy bought a DG for his Warrior after I begged him not to, but our local dealer had it in stock so he got it anyway. He got it home and it didn't even fit! They had welded the muffler bracket on the wrong side of the muffler! Now that's some good quality control right there! He took the DG back and ordered an HMF slip-on and very pleased with their performance. You can buy them for around $220 from gopartsdirect.com

Old 12-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

agree 110% with them cobra exhaust is a downgrade go with hmf they kick ***

Old 12-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

Well I actually didnt get the Cobra guess that turned out to be a blessing in disguise!!

I was going to get it off ebay but i did not win the auction!! So im going to take you guys advice and get the hmf or supertrapp

Old 12-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

The HMF is your best bet, the suppertrapp is a great exhaust too its just really really loud 105+db

Trending Topics

Old 12-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer

well i jus read this right after i bought a cobra damn it.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cobra exhausts are junk as everyone has said. All they do is make noise (a lot of noise) and they make very little power increase at all.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

il let no wat i thin wen i get it