Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My would be customer complaint letter to OMF

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2001, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have no idea what is going on with "Leon". His boss may have chewed him out for dicounting the tires to your buddy.
2001raptorrules,
Leon, is that you? Just kidding, but Leon is his real name, or at least the one he gave.

Once again, your thoery doesn't hold up. I just got this in the mail from Mr. E.
-------------------------------------------------
I talked to the owner the first time I called, he gave me the good price and he said when you call back to order, here's your reference #. So when I called back to oder next day, Leon answered and I gave him the #. Leon didn't like the price I got but he had to live with it.
--------------------------------------------------

You see, Leon is the one with the problem. Just as I said, Tim, the owner and I had a great conversation regarding the aspects of the wheel, the tires to use and the bike it was going on. The problems start as soon as Leon gets involved.
It also sounds like Leon was mishandling the truth just a bit when he told me he was the one responsible for giving the discount to Mr. E.

Old 02-09-2001, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Holyman,

It's good to know there are some mature people on this board. At this point, I would be afraid that if there was a defect in the product (even though unlikely) I would have he77 to pay trying to get it fixed. I'm tired of arguing over these wheels, so I'll probably end up just buying what I can find locally as long as I can at least get Douglas .190s. I'll probably just take the left over money and put it towards shocks, an extended warranty or something like that.

Old 02-09-2001, 12:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Everything on here is an opinion. You say my theory does not hold up. What is that? It's just, a theory. Look it up.

I do not know, as you do not know what is going on behind the scence is my point. But why you bad mouth a company based on a conversation seems childish and immature to me. Maybe you are prooving point two of mine, I don't know.

You know I had a bad dealing with a major player in this industry. A company many of you laud. But I still do business with them because they meet the price and shipping schedule I require.

What I think is, Bash can't beat their price anywhere else or he would be going elsewhere. He must be thin-skinned or cheap. If it was me I would pay a few more dollars and purchase it elsewhere if I was so affended.

Hey dude, if you did not want an opinion you should not have posted. Don't cry because it was not what you wanted to hear. Reminds me of the lyrics to an old song, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want too...".

Old 02-09-2001, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

I would just go with another type, their customer relations seems to be lacking something... what if your stuff came damaged? Think they would replace it without a big fight?? Probally not.. I know, at least for me, if I ask a question or something and get "blown off" I sure as h#ll will not buy their products.. For instance, I emailed a bunch of companies asking very polite if they would send me some information and mabe a sticker if possible, most companies were more than glad to send me whatever, however the ones that replied negative, I shun their products for in all actuallity they really dont care about the customer.. FMF for example said "if you want our stuff go to our website and buy it", they were not polite and diddnt seem to care whatsoever, diddnt even send info on their products, thus when I go to buy my pipe FMF will be my LAST choice.

Old 02-09-2001, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

2001raptorrules,

1) Are you suggesting that a theory can't be disproven? I was just eliminating that possibiltiy because I had facts that allowed me to do so.

2) I'm not trying to say that OMF is a bad company. On the contrary, it is only one individual that seems to be a mar on an otherwise great company, making great products and founded by a very informative and well-mannered man.

3) Agreed, there are lots of kids out there and maybe even some adults acting like it, but I still fit in your criteria for old timers.

4) You still do business with a company that you feel did you wrong because they have the price that you like? Where are your convictions? Do you have any? I think you have a couple of contradictions going on here as you also stated:
You know I had a bad dealing with a major player in this industry. A company many of you laud. But I still do business with them because they meet the price and shipping schedule I require.
and
If it was me I would pay a few more dollars and purchase it elsewhere if I was so affended.
Which is it?

5) a) Find me another place selling OMF ringed wheels and tires b) I'm cheap because I refuse to buy another product that I don't feel is as good as the one I originally set out to buy? Just the opposite, I'm not the one that says he'll continue doing business with a place that has done him wrong because of their great price.
Once again, this is just my opinion as you have yours. Only you know if my opinion about you is correct and vice versa.

Old 02-09-2001, 01:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Holyman, I agree 100%. As the person that picks up the phone and takes orders/gives information, Leon is "THE COMPANY" in the callers mind. Leon repsesents the company and if the caller is'nt happy with Leon's tone of voice or attitude, the COMPANY usually looses. Final though....the company always needs to have someone speaking with the customer that portrays how the company wants to deal with customers. Apparantly, OMF does'nt believe in this philosophy. Imagine how much money this guy looses his company daily.

Old 02-09-2001, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

This was the point I was trying to make. Not the difference with the price.

I'm glad that hyperactivraptor felt compelled to stand in my corner, even though he's an OMF customer and tell how it is. Would the doubters also suggest that hyperactiveraptor, despite being a paying customer, also was responsible for the bad attitude of Leon?

Old 02-09-2001, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

I applaud you for letting them know, I think its bad that companies show favoritism to different buyers. Maybe you should consider a different companies wheel, I know I would. You might consider the carbon fiber wheels or an ITP wheel.
OMF is not the end all company, they are working for a commission by phone apparently. That is why the price keeps changing, most companies do this, but most use a set price which elimanates this crap. There are distributors of their product, if you think you must have the OMF, I would buy from a distributor and not direct From thhe company, and if your spending $700 there should be some free shippinng involved, not adding $10 more.

Old 02-09-2001, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

Well I tried to make one more attempt this afternoon to resolve the differences with OMF.

When I called, the phone was answered by Leon. I asked to speak with Tim, the owner and he said Tim was on the line with a customer. I said I'd just call back again and he asked who I was. I told him and he said and I quote, "You're not going to get to Tim without going through me!"

He did say that he'd have Tim call me and that was fine with me, so I agreed and we ended the call. An hour or so later, Leon called back and told me that Tim wanted him to call me back and say that the price quoted yesterday was correct.

My bet is that Tim, the owner has no idea of what's going on with this guy. Just from my first impression, if (Tim) the owner had any idea about this, he would be more than glad to call me back instead of having Leon call back and basically say "that the boss says I'm right".

Oh well, I tried. Hopefully Tim will figure out what's going on over there before Leon cost him too much business.

Old 02-09-2001, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Quick Reply: My would be customer complaint letter to OMF