Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Warrior 350's Pros and Cons?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Warrior 350's Pros and Cons?

What are the good things and what are the bad?

Old 04-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Trailblazer

I have a 1999 Warrior. To be honest I bought it four $400 dollars and it has given me a lot of grief, but once I got it running, I LOVED IT. I would describe a warrior as a sport/utility atv, being that it is very heavy for a sport atv, also it has metal foot gards, found on most utilities. The sport shocks and 6 speed transmission really make it great for trail riding for me. I can go from hard pack, to a swamp hole, to sand, to pavement and it takes them all very well. I am thinking of buying another one this coming summer so my brother and I can go bomb around on equal quads cause we like to compete. Hope this helps.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

The Warrior is a really reliable quad, Yamaha has been producing on the same platform for the Warrior/Raptor 350 since 1987 for a reason. It is a good all around quad that you can do about anything with. It's got plenty of power and speed for most people, and the only reason I would not recommend the Warrior is you are going to do strictly dune riding.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Range Rover

Some really don't like them, some really do. Just depends on what you plan on doing with it. Like Beefy said, if you are looking for a reliable trail quad then warriors are good but if your looking for something to all out race or jump dunes then you might look for something else.

Pros. - price, reliable, finding parts
Cons. - weight, suspension, wiring

Old 04-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I owned one for several years.....

Pros: reliable, reliable, reliable, good for cruising, low center of gravity, smooth decent power, decent top speed, good for tight trail riding.

Cons: terrible ergonomics, handles heavy like a tank, not an overly exciting engine for big open spaces or tracks, not great suspension.

The Warrior to me has always been a kind of cruising machine. It can be fun for casual sporty riding, but it hits its limits pretty quickly when pushed hard. You sit so deep in the saddle that it makes the sit/stand transition kind of hard on the knees sometimes so its not great for aggressive riding.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

Originally Posted by ss97
You sit so deep in the saddle that it makes the sit/stand transition kind of hard on the knees sometimes so its not great for aggressive riding.
Just kind of funny, but I have to mention that deep sit is exactly why I still ride my Warrior. I hate the high feeling on the newer bikes...

Old 04-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beefy46172
Just kind of funny, but I have to mention that deep sit is exactly why I still ride my Warrior. I hate the high feeling on the newer bikes...
yep i love the seat height on warriors one of my fav things specically when you make one wider

Old 04-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beefy46172
Yeah some people do like that..... It certainly give you a stable center of gravity when in the saddle. The only thing I hated was the transition from seating to standing. It seems like a lot more stress on the knees to get from that low position to a high one for aggressive riding. But I suppose a desert racing seat would help that too.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default warrior

I have a 1987 and a 2000 these bikes do anything. they are realy the best and most realiable. I race the 87 and trail ride the 2000. Soon i will set up the 2000 .The 87 is truly a great bike have to give it the japapnesse.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Range Rover

Our '98 has definately seen better days. It goes through more oil than a 2-stroke, and one of the front shocks is blown out. Still, we needed a cheap ride, and this old war horse fit the bill. Compared to the other bikes we own, it makes for the best trail quad. The Warrior is all about low end grunt, has reverse, and it's narrow enough to fit anywhere. Not to mention you can beat the tar out of it without worry. My DS is too big, and the 450R is too high strung for the trees. It's when you start giving yourself some room to ride, that the Warrior shows it's weaknesses. The low end power, narrow width, heavy frame, and outdated suspension that you either didn't notice or appreciated while woods riding, is not what you want for the dunes or racing. It will do it, you'll just wish you were on something else. Like Skatike27 said. It's kindof a sport sport / utility.

Quick Reply: Yamaha Warrior 350's Pros and Cons?