Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New brake pads on warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New brake pads on warrior?

OK i bought some new rear brake pads for my warrior and i can not get the brake caliber back onto the disc with them in, there is not anough free space in between the 2 brake pads for the round disc to fit in between them. What am i missing?

I pushed the round thing back into the brake caliber before i installed them. By round thing i mean the part that pushes the brakes on the disc.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

They are just a royal pain in the ****. Something you can also do to help relieve pressure is just take the cap of the rear fluid reservoir and be sure the cylinder is pushed all the way in. Other than that just some elbow grease and force will get it on.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

the pistons on the caliper need to be compressed back with a c clamp, all the way flush untill they stop, stick a piece of cardboard or a towel in between the clamp and the piston so nothing gets scratched up, then install the pads and carefully slide it onto the rotor, heres a pic on a c clamp just in case, any more questions lemme know

Name:  c_clamp_2.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  9.9 KB

Old 04-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by 91Warrior357
the pistons on the caliper need to be compressed back with a c clamp, all the way flush untill they stop, stick a piece of cardboard or a towel in between the clamp and the piston so nothing gets scratched up, then install the pads and carefully slide it onto the rotor, heres a pic on a c clamp just in case, any more questions lemme know

Glad to see im not the only one. lol

It came off real easy, i do have that piston all the way in and still can't get the thing back on, i really dont want to use a hammer.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

if you have the piston on the caliper pushed all the way in with the new brake pads in the caliper it should go right back on with no force, dont use a hammer, if your sure that piston is all the way in and it wont go back on with ease somthing is wrong, do the brake pads seem too thick? if you think they are, maybe take them back where you bought them and at least compare them to another set, I just done the brakes on my 93 warrior and had zero problems.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

check the bolt that adjust your parking brake I had to back mine off a bit to get the pads over the rotor

Old 04-13-2009, 06:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

I thought they where to thick but i tired to put the old ones back on and had the same trouble theres just not anough space in between the 2 pads to fit over the round disc. The round piston in as far is it goes.

The brakcet that holds the caliper on seems to be in the way looks like it is held on by 2 bolts with a rubber boot thing over them.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:17 AM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Parking Brake Bolt ADJUST OUT!!

Originally Posted by cutley26
check the bolt that adjust your parking brake i had to back mine off a bit to get the pads over the rotor

/\ i agree/\

Old 04-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Trailblazer

Funny i can not get my own eather. Heres a picture and i do have the parking brake screw turned out but the black bar on the right hand side of the picture does not allow me anough space to get it back on if you look close you can see how its in the way making the gap in between the pads even smaller.

http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/t...rent=brake.jpg

Old 04-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Toyota Dave
Funny i can not get my own eather. Heres a picture and i do have the parking brake screw turned out but the black bar on the right hand side of the picture does not allow me anough space to get it back on if you look close you can see how its in the way making the gap in between the pads even smaller.

http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/t...rent=brake.jpg
Looks like we have the same troubles, i have yet to get mine on i have thought about taking the hole brakr apart lol

Quick Reply: New brake pads on warrior?