Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a stock shee has a sucky clutch and they were only dragging for 280 feet. if he got a bad takeoff then it wouldve been close like he said.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Range Rover

well i pulled the plugs and they are nasty and looked as if they were coated in oil and i asked him how much mix he was runnin and he said about 6 onces to the gallon i think we have solved the problem im going to tune it up and flush out all of the old gas and see how she runs tomarrow.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Well, I live in a small town but, there has been 2 'shee's here. Both of them were trash stock. The stock pipes bottle it up so much that yes, my 400ex would smoke both of them. Every time. 450's were no contest. Blew them out of the water by 3rd gear. The powerband is so narrow on the stockers that your in and out in a heartbeat until your out of power in the top range.

OK, maybe a stock raptor 350 shouldn't beat them but, NO WAY can they take 660's or 450's. If they could, a pipe would put them over 50hp and would kill piped 450's but, they don't.

Nothing with the 'shee around here was wrong, heck one was brand new. Are you guys sure you've road stockers lately?

Old 04-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

thats right. a stock one just isnt that impressive until about half throttle and up

Old 04-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

Atleast someone agree with me. I thought I was going nutz and getting my quads mixed up or something. The stock shee FEELS fast because the powerband whips you too 100% go immediately but, it's just not that powerful. (compared to modded quads)

Think this way. Everyone knows that 2 strokes respond to mods with about twice as well as 4 strokes. If a stock shee is same as stock 450 or 660 as a couple say than add pipes to both and the 'shee would absolutely KILL them. But, it doesn't. it's neck and neck in a drag.

Maybe a piped 350 couldn't take it consistently but, I'm betting under right conditions it would. Like I said believe me or not, whatever but, on a 400ex piped beat them in a 100% of the time.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

I disagree a banshee will always be king of the ATV world when it comes to speed and stright ahead power yes it sucks for trails but i don't think it was made for that. When i had one nothing could touch it all i had done to it is pipes, air filter and good jeting.

Not to insult anyone here but to me a 4 stroke takes less of a good rider to be good to where a banshee needs a skilled rider that knows how to make it get tire traction.
A 4 stroke has less power so it does not spin as much which inturns will beat a non skilled banshee rider who will just spin there tires.

obviously if this banshee was jeted to rich they do not know alot about 2 strokes. There is no 350cc 4 stroke that can compare to a 350cc two stroke.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

lol...stock banshee vs stock raptor 660 a stock banshee wins every single time, dirtwheels even had a shootout on this and the banshee won every single time, yes there choked up stock like most quads are when stock, but there not slow, if your going by a friend who had one that was stock thats not a very good way to compare, most people who own banshees dont know what there doing and the banshees carbs arent synched right or anything, i think the raptor would sometimes stay with it at the start and thats about it the banshee will fly by it every time, banshees have zero low end power but there mid range and top end power is excellent, and for a 400ex to beat even a stock banshee it better have a decent amount of mods and a 416 or 426 kit at least.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 91Warrior357
lol...stock banshee vs stock raptor 660 a stock banshee wins every single time, dirtwheels even had a shootout on this and the banshee won every single time, yes there choked up stock like most quads are when stock, but there not slow, if your going by a friend who had one that was stock thats not a very good way to compare,
Well, my brother had an '03, thats lil' diff than a friends. So I had lot's of experience. Needless to say I took it out a few times when he wasn't around. : ) It was tuned in just fine. Sure, started easier than anybody else's I seen. The other one was a friends and it was a brand new one. He bought it the last year produced. Both would lose in stock form to my piped 400ex. After I got my 450 and bro put the toomy's on he would beat me on it!

There is just no way that a 660 will lose to a stock shee. Like I said how could you pipe both of them and still be neck and neck? Pipes on a 'shee produce twice the hp gain that will on the 660. Every hp number I've seen says a 'shee is around 36 hp stock. I think that's pushing it. The 660 has more hp than the 450!

I think it's a case that everyone is used to the modded 'shee but, the difference between a modded shee and a stock is HUGELY different than any other modded quad vs stock.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

lol it takes a 660cc 4 stroke to make as much power as a 350cc 2 stroke....

Old 04-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Chris82
lol it takes a 660cc 4 stroke to make as much power as a 350cc 2 stroke....
No, that's just a rough estimate people use. Not true today. Was however 25 years ago when the 'shee was introduced.
Match a 225cc blaster with a raptor 250cc and see how that works. : )

Quick Reply: banshee