Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aahhhh the age old banshee debate still lives on. lol. its all really in the gearing and the riders anyway. and yes its true that you have to learn to ride a banshee different than any other quad, but in stock form they just arent that impressive. a couple mods and they are sick but in stock form they were sick in 87. the four strokes have changed alot in 20 years. sadly they are the future. i have an 86 lt250r that i love but there isnt any r&d going into 2 strokes these days unless its a bike.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:45 AM
Range Rover

i agree with the user above banshees stock arent that impressive i have raced stock for stock with my 06 yfz and i beat it with 3 or 4 lengths but when i piped mine and the banshee was piped it would tie or beat me every time the gains on two strokes are phenomenal but in my opinion the only time i would want a banshee because unless you mod the suspension its not up to par and a pain in the *** to always be a gear lower and have to be in the high end. my 450 still needs to be in the high end to be fast but there is still low end to work with.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

|
|
v

Old 04-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 91Warrior357
wtf are u talking about dude? ive ben around this crap a long time, ive ben around alot of stock shees, ridden stock shees, worked on stock shees, the banshee and lt500 used to be the fastest production atv out untill the 450s and 700s, and wtf do u mean by mutant warrior? was that a diss if so you need to grow up and stop being so hard headed, ive beat one banshee in a race and it was worn out lol, you need to learn a little bit more or research the banshees a little more before you be-little them like you are, because banshees are one of the all time greatest atvs, and one of the biggest powerhouse bikes, im not arguing anymore about this quad is faster then this quad crap, believe what you want, but being hard headed isnt going to get you far.
Whoa, bro. No, no, no. I wasn't disn' at all. Meant that as a compliment. I no you have your warrior mod'd the f out. Sorry it sounded that way.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by momo951
so i posted a bulletin the other day of how to beat a banshee and here is what happened. We had a 100ft race in a long dirt field. When we started off i actually accelerated faster than the banshee. For the first 40 or 50 feet we were next to each other. Then during the 60 - 80 feet he pulled away about 2 feet. And at the end of the race he ended up beating me by about 4 1/2 to 4 feet. Not to bad for a stock 400ex vs. A stock banshee. Thank you guys for the help!
bam.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Koopa
bam.
Extremely false and very sad, u dug up this thread to post that...a banshee beats a 660 and a 660 can beat a 400ex,so.... and my warrior beats a stock 400ex without to much of a problem that alone goes to show thats 100% false, people need to learn how to properly tune or ride banshees correctly.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

Didn't dig it man. It a new post.

Fine, I won't try to convince you any more. Piped EX will beat a stock banshee. I've seen it and I've done it. How else can you explain a piped 450 or 660 be neck and neck with a piped 'shee if in stock form a 'shee will beat it?

Stock banshee's are weak. Piped are well, equivalent to piped 450's. Slight mods they are sick. But, nobody has stock 'shee's anymore. People forget what they are like.

Hell 660's have like 36 or 38 hp stock. They have more than 450's. If a 'shee would beat it that means with pipes and filter it'd be pushin 50hp!

Old 05-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

You did dig it up lol this threads last post was 4/29/09 and you keep talking about a piped 400ex....that quote said stock vs stock so... a z400 can almost get even with a banshee in a drag but not a 400ex, im telling you right now 90% of these people that ride the banshees dont know how, they dont know how to wind them out right and get good shifts and most importantly they dont know how to put the power to the ground, ever raced a banshee on the asphault in a drag? there really hard to beat on aphault.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Yup, on asphault. My bro was ticked after he bought it. Like said he put pipes on and killed me. He defiantly knows how to ride it. Mucho better than me. Killed me after I got my 450 because he was such a good rider. Even the dude he bought it from got beat by our piped 'EX's and he was sick on the thing.

Here is the link to the results of his post on 4/29.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/hond...e-resutls.html

Old 05-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Not arguing any more its pointless, common sense even should tell you that....a 400 single cyl 4 stroke vs a twin cyl 350 2 stroke...yea, go search through some more forums and youll see your proof or wutever and i dont care about what that guy said with his drag race, means nothing to me, it was 100ft....your suppose to drag on 300ft, a banshee should lose in a short drag to a 400ex if any races, the banshee is just going to be getting crappy traction most the length, and your basically saying a stock shee vs piped 400ex the 400ex wins but then the banshee gets pipes and it not only beats your 400ex but... the piped 450s as well or at least even with them, thats a hell of a jump to be claiming there, i know pipes make a difference on 2 strokes more then 4 strokes but damn....hp numbers on quads mean nothing to me, powercurve and overall atv design is what makes them as fast as they are.

Quick Reply: banshee