Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Koopa
Well, my brother had an '03, thats lil' diff than a friends. So I had lot's of experience. Needless to say I took it out a few times when he wasn't around. : ) It was tuned in just fine. Sure, started easier than anybody else's I seen. The other one was a friends and it was a brand new one. He bought it the last year produced. Both would lose in stock form to my piped 400ex. After I got my 450 and bro put the toomy's on he would beat me on it!

There is just no way that a 660 will lose to a stock shee. Like I said how could you pipe both of them and still be neck and neck? Pipes on a 'shee produce twice the hp gain that will on the 660. Every hp number I've seen says a 'shee is around 36 hp stock. I think that's pushing it. The 660 has more hp than the 450!

I think it's a case that everyone is used to the modded 'shee but, the difference between a modded shee and a stock is HUGELY different than any other modded quad vs stock.
lol your joking right....a stock shee vs a stock 660 the banshee wins....period, no questions asked like a said dirtwheels did a shootout on the two and the banshee won every time in a drag, i think i still have that issue it was the special edition banshee vs special addition raptor.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

No way. It's impossible. Dirt wheels riders are smoking something if they lost to a stock banshee on a 660. I'll go with maybe beat raptor 350 but, seriously man. A stock banshee is a huge disappointment because, people are used to the piped 'shee's. No way can a 660 lose to a stock 'shee. Like said if it can, how is piped vs piped neck and neck?

When my bro first got his I raced him and smoked him on my piped 400ex. He was soooo ****ed he just bought that thing and I beat him on the same quad he sold to buy shee. Then he put pipes on it and he could beat me, not smoke but, beat me on my piped yfz.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

There is just no way that a 660 will lose to a stock shee. Like I said how could you pipe both of them and still be neck and neck? Pipes on a 'shee produce twice the hp gain that will on the 660. Every hp number I've seen says a 'shee is around 36 hp stock. I think that's pushing it. The 660 has more hp than the 450!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

yamaha even stated in 2001 when the 660 came out "that it depended on who got a better start..."

HP numbers are published the point of making one bike (or car) seem better than the other. and they are always crank hp, not rear wheel. important to remember that.

Honda orgianally adverstised the trx250r @40hp; does it have it? i dont know, i dont care. i know mine will beat a 660, 450...but im slightly modded. the raptor 660 was tested through the years @ 38hp... so if the banshee is 36, then it's right there with the raptor in terms of hp numbers. 450s are not much above the 38hp mark in stock form either- especially the 2004 editions. now by 2006 hondas 450 with the powerup kit was making 50. thats verifiable by honda.

on a drag of 280 ft, it would have been no contest from the start. and by 80-100ft you will have already seen the back of a banshee getting smaller if racing a 400ex or warrior. been there done that. owned then.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

I could see a stock banshee lose to a stock 660. But I could also see it the other way around. I think it depends on the rider.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Range Rover

In that you are right. My banshee (stock) kills the 660 in drags where I ride. Kills is NOT an exaggeration. The 440 kitted piped z400's also kill it, but I beat them. Keep in mind this was in 100 yardish drags uphill on dirt/stomped dead grass. I had 23' tires on when I beat em, mudlites. I now an running smaller sprockets and 20' holeshots so I'm not sure what the results will be.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, then somebody explain how piped vs piped there neck and neck? Banshee vs 450 banshee vs 660. Common knowledge 2 stroke get twice hp gain from mods. Especially to stock pipes that cork up the 'shee.

One day you guys will get the chance to see what I'm saying and you'll be like "well gd, ol' Koopa was right!" : )

Old 04-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

nope....i guess dirtwheels is smoking crack like u said and piped 400exs are underestimated lol....there is to many variables to just believe what you believe from your own personal experiences with quad vs quads but yes dirtwheels did a shoot out vs the special edition banshee and special edition raptor 660 and the banshee won everytime...period, Feb 2003 Dirtwheels mag look it up lol, and its very easy to believe that because raptors are just strong tractor bikes and banshees are screaming 2 strokes, this is from the mag "The Dirt Wheels crew did repeated sand drags with the newest Limited Edition Raptor and Banshee and found that the banshee would repeatedly beat the Raptor in almost every drag we engaged in." the banshee is lighter, revs higher, and once it hits the pipe it will out run a raptor 660 everytime i cant believe you people are actually arguing over something like this when you should know....lol.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Like i said a 2 stroke will always out run a 4 stroke, whats it going to take a 1000cc 4 stroke to out do a little 350cc two stroke? ha

Old 04-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Chris82
Like i said a 2 stroke will always out run a 4 stroke, whats it going to take a 1000cc 4 stroke to out do a little 350cc two stroke? ha
Like I said. Get a Blaster and put it up against a raptor 250 and talk to me.

Guess we'll agree to disagree. Next time one of you guys run across a stock 'shee you need to give the guy a talk and do some dragging. You'll be surprised.

I'll bet that mutant warrior you have there 91warrior357 will be right there with it if not beat it.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Koopa
Like I said. Get a Blaster and put it up against a raptor 250 and talk to me.

Guess we'll agree to disagree. Next time one of you guys run across a stock 'shee you need to give the guy a talk and do some dragging. You'll be surprised.

I'll bet that mutant warrior you have there 91warrior357 will be right there with it if not beat it.
wtf are u talking about dude? ive ben around this crap a long time, ive ben around alot of stock shees, ridden stock shees, worked on stock shees, the banshee and lt500 used to be the fastest production atv out untill the 450s and 700s, and wtf do u mean by mutant warrior? was that a diss if so you need to grow up and stop being so hard headed, ive beat one banshee in a race and it was worn out lol, you need to learn a little bit more or research the banshees a little more before you be-little them like you are, because banshees are one of the all time greatest atvs, and one of the biggest powerhouse bikes, im not arguing anymore about this quad is faster then this quad crap, believe what you want, but being hard headed isnt going to get you far.

Quick Reply: banshee