Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The Cannondale is shipping

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.cannondalemotorcycle.com/press/20010217.html

It's shipping. What's the cost?

Comes standard with an FMF pipe. Should we deduct from that there isn't much room to improve on its HP? Also comes with ITP wheels and tires..cool

Old 02-18-2001, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

First paragraph, $7,950.

Old 02-18-2001, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

I skipped right to the tech info and missed it. Thanks..

Well I thought it was bad when we had guys saying, "but your Raptor cost so much more, I could take the money and do... "

I'm sure we'll have a lot of that for a while also. Especially if it's as good as Cannondale claims. I'm guessing there won't be a whole lot of bargaining on that price since they are small volume compared to any of the big atv manufactures and plenty of people to soak up that small volume.

Old 02-18-2001, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Okay, so now not only does it look like a frog but it's also way overpriced. $1500 more than a Raptor. I'd like to know what Cannondale is smoking. Who's gonna buy these things?

Old 02-18-2001, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

I dont like the idea of the price being so high. This is just my opinion. I mean they are way out of the ballpark of the other fourwheelers. The closest being a Ds which dealers are usally very flexable witht he price of the ds, at least around here they sell for about 6900. THe cannondale sounds like its going to be a very nice machine. But once again they are a first year production quad, and the only way to see if they hit the nail on the head or not, is to see how it does in the long run.. HOpefully cannondale does good on this quad, but aluminum chassies and racing just dont seem to go togeather in the same sentence.

00' ds650
ryan

Old 02-18-2001, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

RAPTORAZ has somewhat of a point from a price prospective. But what i like is the power to weigh ratio of that awesome looking machine. I mean Fuel injected, dohc 440cc, that thing has to be able to haul!

Old 02-18-2001, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

Yes its more than the Raptor and the 400EX. But you have to consider that the suspension and braking and other componentry is light years better than the other 2 as well. You won't need to upgrade to aftermaket suspension with this quad. It **** me off that the other manufactures decide to put so called suspension on their quads that barely work to begin with. Plus you should be proud thats its American made The Japanese from now on will have to consider is they will use cheap componentry from now on and charge an arm and a leg for it.

Old 02-18-2001, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not doubting the FX400 will be fast from the factory but with it's high state of stock tune it will be next to impossible to extract more power from it. Where is the Raptor and Banshee are detuned from the factory. Open up the airbox and the exhaust and these two are Rockets. It's not gonna be the same for the Cannondale. You're gonna have to go into the motor for more power. No replacement for displacement.

Old 02-18-2001, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

Both great points. But you have to consider that an 8k machine should have the best of everything available. ANy motor can have MORE POWER. It will be in a high state of tune. Put differnt cams and higher compression piston and valve job/port you can always get more power. Its going to be the engin and the chassie that i'm going to be looking at closly. I want to see how it holds up to abuse of racing. THe No replacement for Displacement is a great modo, and its very true, but at a certin point the POWER/Weight ratio does have an effect. Like when you take a 330ex big bore vs a stock 400ex. The 330ex is smaller but the power to weight ratio makes it easly smoke the bigger 400 brother. IT all comes down to what you want, and how you ride it i suppose. I cant wait to see this cannondale, sounds like it may be a nice machine. Another thing though, i belive that 2 stokes will always dominate mx. No matter what. Like the 250f in the 125 class. The 125 smokes it on the supercross, or tracks with alot of jumps because the 2 stokes will always be lighter and snappy power use. I dont know maybe i'm wrong, just my opinions

00' ds650
ryan

Old 02-18-2001, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

What are you going to do when you have fuel injection problems out on a trail in the middle of no where ???

Sit on your new cannondale (the frog) and wish it had a standard carb set-up that you could repair??

the whole machine sounds a little over inflated to me good luck to anyone that buys one.

Question if it's shiped why havent the mags done anything on it yet ?

Quick Reply: The Cannondale is shipping