Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2-strokes strike back?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cody, i agree to a point.. You have to understand the toxins and chemicals that are created when an engine burns fuel. There's alot of smart ways to minimize these. Either fuels, consumption, or fuel type. And basically, 2 strokes are the downfall of all 3 of those categories. The EPA was looking for an easy-out for environmentalists and that was their out.. Killing 2 stroke production. They need to face the facts and realize that. Personally, I think they need to focus their attention on the people dumping chemicals, and toward using garbage as fuel and stuff like that. I own 3 2 stroke motorcycles and I will never get rid of them. The government can tear them out of my cold dead hands if they want them.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

I completely understand that Speedy, however, that still doesn't mean that they are actually "harming" the environment. I guarantee you that mother nature unleashes plenty of harmful toxins into the environment all by herself. Take a volcano for example. Oil is a natural part of our environment and mother earth takes care of herself. What sets me off is the EPA accomodating any group of people. Al Gore and others want us to believe that what we are doing is the cause of "global warming". There are just as many scientists that will tell you that the temperature runs in cycles and that this "global warming" is a hoax. It is all a ploy to pry more money out of our pockets. And the amount of money that is being taken is substantial. I recently read where Al Gore has made over 65 million since leaving office. Stopping the production of 2 stroke engines is a joke and we are the ones paying the price for it. 2 cycle engines have probably never even made it to 1% of the engines produced, and yet halting production is going to help anything? Please. I am not going to buy into the bs that continually pours out of the environmentalists and the EPA for that matter.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally Posted by cody700
I completely understand that Speedy, however, that still doesn't mean that they are actually "harming" the environment. I guarantee you that mother nature unleashes plenty of harmful toxins into the environment all by herself. Take a volcano for example. Oil is a natural part of our environment and mother earth takes care of herself. What sets me off is the EPA accomodating any group of people. Al Gore and others want us to believe that what we are doing is the cause of "global warming". There are just as many scientists that will tell you that the temperature runs in cycles and that this "global warming" is a hoax. It is all a ploy to pry more money out of our pockets. And the amount of money that is being taken is substantial. I recently read where Al Gore has made over 65 million since leaving office. Stopping the production of 2 stroke engines is a joke and we are the ones paying the price for it. 2 cycle engines have probably never even made it to 1% of the engines produced, and yet halting production is going to help anything? Please. I am not going to buy into the bs that continually pours out of the environmentalists and the EPA for that matter.

now THIS i do Agree with... I think i am going to have to have "Take this Al Gore" spraying on the side of my RZ350 when i get it done. I am definitely sick of all the environmentalist bull**** going on nowadays. I am one for recycling( i don't go out of my way though) And i don't liter. Most of the pollution in this world is from manufacturing plants and NOT automobiles. While they may add a little bit to the growing "cloud" as some say it. Why doesn't anyone do anything about them? You're up near chicago like me too. Do you remember when BP dumped toxic waste into Lake Michigan 2 years ago? Sure they were fined a few million dollars but what is the point.. They're still going to keep doing it and noone is going to stop them. Too bad the EPA is too busy bitching how my 20mpg s10 doesn't get 50mpg. Wait until OBD III comes out...

Old 07-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Speedy2222
edit>:Wait until OBD III comes out...
the "black boxes" already exist in most automibiles newer than (I think) 2003.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

the "balck boxes" have been in vehicles for a long time.. They are used in crash recreation to analize vehicle parameters. They can only be accessed once and there is osmething like a 10 second delay between what's written and what's actually happening.

ODB III Is designed to work with the existing OBD II systems but pretty much FORCE vehicle repairs. Read this... Have You Heard About OBD III?

Old 07-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Speedy2222
the "balck boxes" have been in vehicles for a long time.. They are used in crash recreation to analize vehicle parameters. They can only be accessed once and there is osmething like a 10 second delay between what's written and what's actually happening.

ODB III Is designed to work with the existing OBD II systems but pretty much FORCE vehicle repairs. Read this... Have You Heard About OBD III?
Yes (on the Black Box) they have been in SOME cars for a long time, but not MOST unitl around 2003.... it might have been a year earlier, but I think they really started the big numbers about then. The reason was not for crash re-creation so much as manufacturers trying to verify "warranty status" on abused vehicles. They couldn't get it to "stick" legally, due to some BS at the federal level. They have, and use, the same data as the OBD III will be using, to force maintenance.

This is all a better reason to buy an old beater to "keep alive" or restore, huh?

Old 07-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

fockin werd!!! I own a 97 and am looknig at getting a 91 here soon and fixing it up to drive. I am staying as far away from OBD III as i possibly can.