Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Lost key for grizz 660...hotwire

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost key for grizz 660...hotwire

Trying to hotwire my grizzly 660. Its an 02 with a 3 wire hook up. brown blue, solid brown, and red. Red with brown makes the LCD and lights turn on but wont fire up. All 3 connected still wont wire up. Suggestions????

Old 09-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

buy a new key or buy a new switch with key

Old 09-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

ive had to use a toggle switch before untill i got a new key switch assembly.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey i need some help my friend and i recently had to hot wire his 2007 grizzly 660 because we were durnk and lost the key for like a week we tried all the wiring connections we could possibly think of... we couldnt even get the LED to turn on then we found the key and hook the wires up the way we found then and still nothing... what can the problem be???? PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!

Old 08-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Seems to be a rash of people needing to hot wire quads today.

Simple fix, buy a new ignition. If you stole it, that's a small investment to make. If you own it, you don't want to go hacking the wiring system.

Any instructions on hot wiring WILL be deleted.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

really? pull the ignition switch out, take it to your local key shop, pay the $15 and get a key made for it, or two, then reinstall the dang thing. crimeny, it ain't hard, quit hacking your wiring. if you lost the keys to your car or pickup, are you gonna hot wire that too? sheeeese, puhleeeze. treat your quads right.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:51 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by Jaster94
really? pull the ignition switch out, take it to your local key shop, pay the $15 and get a key made for it, or two, then reinstall the dang thing. crimeny, it ain't hard, quit hacking your wiring. if you lost the keys to your car or pickup, are you gonna hot wire that too? sheeeese, puhleeeze. treat your quads right.
You beat me to it. Its not like a high tech automotive key with a built in chip. I lost the keys on a few street bikes and a key shop made one up quick and cheap.

You don't bring the whole machine to them just pop out the ignition.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
You beat me to it.
the ONLY reason i beat you to it is because i just got home after working a graveyard shift and thought i'd surf the forum for a little bit. i couldn't imagine tearing up an investment like a quad, truck or car.
take care my friend.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:13 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hehe- you guys all beat me to the punch!

I was gonna say- if you can't find the key, just ask the rightful owner where it is-
or- pay the silly $50 +/- dollars and get another keyed ignition!!!

really? who's gonna hotwire an 07 grizz 660 -why would you spend $50 on a new ignition for your $5000 atv

this is one aspect I love about my can-am and its D.E.S.S. security system- if you don't have the electronic key, the atv ECM is out of commission- you can't hot-wire it by simply splicing a few wires together- gotta either but another $100 key and have the dealer reprogram it to the ecm or replace the entire ecm / ignition for $700

Old 10-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
hehe- you guys all beat me to the punch!

I was gonna say- if you can't find the key, just ask the rightful owner where it is-
or- pay the silly $50 +/- dollars and get another keyed ignition!!!

really? who's gonna hotwire an 07 grizz 660 -why would you spend $50 on a new ignition for your $5000 atv

this is one aspect I love about my can-am and its D.E.S.S. security system- if you don't have the electronic key, the atv ECM is out of commission- you can't hot-wire it by simply splicing a few wires together- gotta either but another $100 key and have the dealer reprogram it to the ecm or replace the entire ecm / ignition for $700

That is a great system and you can program one key to start a number of different machines .

Quick Reply: Lost key for grizz 660...hotwire