Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

1994 Yamaha Warrior 350

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,
Got the warrior today. Quick question on my honda I put my foot under the shifter and pull up to shift (neutral is all the way down, meaning I push down to get to neutral) Is this different do you step down to shift, as in to get to neutral I put my foot under it and shift up untill in neutral??

Old 02-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Ummm .... Yamaha rider help please? If I recall it might be 1st gear is down then the rest up? Then to get back to neutral you go all the way down, so back to first then you, with the clutch pulled in lift it kinda half way and you should find neutral. So how is it have you been out riding?

Old 02-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Trailblazer

yes Scrambler is correct. 1 down 5 up. meaning neutral is between 1st and 2nd.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

So how's it ride? Does it run good? Is it ur first manual bike?

Old 02-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Thanks guys!! I will give it a try. Step it down untill its at bottum then a half click up. Have not been able to ride, as too much snow, and was confused by shifting. Just to clarify this is a manual with a clutch right?? On an off topic (in wrong forum) Is a 1985 Honda TRX250 Fourtrax a clutchless manual, or does it have a clutch?? This is my first manual bike. I think I was shifting it wrong for the 2 seconds I TRIED to ride it lol Once I learn shifting and how to use the clutch I will have more info. I will post pics tomorrow!!!

Old 02-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

Ya the trx 250 is a semi auto meaning you only have to let off the gas and shift the lever. That was my first bike,its an auto clutch. Easier but not sporty.

Ok I'll give ya the basic of riding with clutch, so start the bike, hopefully you have been able to find neutral ok. Or if you can't find neutral, pull in the clutch and shift all the way down so you are in first. Hold clutch and start bike. When ur ready to get going, ensure clutch is in, shift down unless its already in first, slowly give it throttle while you let out the clutch. Should be smooth, may take a few rides to get used to. Then to shift up/down as ur riding let off gas, pull in clutch, shift, release clutch and apply gas, and giver. Hopefully this helps! Keep us posted.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Trailblazer

Hey,
I have trails behind my house, but there snow covered. The back tires are pretty warn, so I was only able to take her up and down the driveway. It seemed OK, and I was catching on to the proper way to shift. The only thing I noticed was that when it was in first after I downshifted, because I was planning on stopping , it would die abrouptly if I did not give it gas. I would let off the clutch and it was still going so I would start to break and it would die. Should I keep it in second when Im slowing to stop, and shut it off?? Maybe im just doing something wrong. Anyways I WILL get pics soon. Its nasty out today, and i'm lazy lol

Also the back tires are pretty worn, and I was wondering what would be a good replacment. Mainly I will trail ride, so that would be there purpose. Also is it worth putting any mods into it, I would love to get some more speed out of her,, what would be the best mods for the price. I am planning on ordering a air (K&N), oil, fuel filter today. I also plan on changing the oil, and spark plug. I have valvoline ATV oil now, is that good or is there something better?? Anyways I have seen all kinds of stuff on e-bay and don't know which direction to go in,,,,,,,,

Old 02-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

As for mods, air filter pipe and silencer, that where you start. Any tires depends on the level of traction you want,
As for the stalling, are you pulling in the clutch when you stop? Maybe it has a carb problem? How was the cold start any trouble? As for oil as long as its the right grade it will be fine. Have you been able to find neutral?

Old 02-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

Hey,
The cold start is fine with choke. If I pull choke all the way out it will start fine. Am I suppose to be pulling in the clutch when braking or stopping??? If so I was not! It will die when going into first from neutral if I do not start giving it gas as I am letting off the clutch. I was assuming I could let go of the clutch then gas, but it will die. Is that normal?? I will start with air and any reccomendations on exhaust there are 400 on e-bay lol
Thanks for all your help!!

Old 02-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

I've never owned this bike, my buddy had a FMF slipon and it sounded amazing. Stick with a well known brand. Ya whenever you apply the brake pull in the clutch, when ever you start slowing down to slow for that gear pull in the clutch. What you are doing is the not pulling in the clutch this causes the engine to go under more and more load and will eventually stall,, especially when you apply the rear brake, don't lock up the rear brake unless you have the clutch pulled in or else instant stall lol. Keep me posted I guess lol, you watching the hockey game?

Quick Reply: 1994 Yamaha Warrior 350