Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anyone else have this problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else have this problem

I have a 2006 Yamaha Grizzly SE, while at Trailfest I got stuck really good, and it stopped getting fuel to the carb, which those riding with me got it working by removing the fuel line. Seemed like a vapor lock. Well now I went riding a few days ago and hit a bump nice and hard that had water the bike started acting like it was getting water in the fuel and after a few minutes of keeing the engine running hard it cleared up. After that I took it through a stream and was driving a little fast and it started sputtering again, it cut off but started up immediately and with a little reving it kept running. Any suggestions before I take it out to Rock Run in April?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:47 PM
The Facility

The very first thing I would do is to look at the vent line to the float bowl on the carb. It has a line that runs all the way to the bottom of the frame and it has a valve stuck in the end of the hose to keep mud and water out, but yet breathe enough to let air in. If the valve comes out, it sucks water through it and into the float bowl. Likewise,..if the hose popped off the carb, splashing water could be getting sucked into it directly...causing the same result.

There are many things to check over and there really could be many possiblities,..including even a loose sparkplug cap not seated well on the plug.
But the issue I was just explaining tends to be the most common.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thanks Knowsalot

Thanks for the reply, I know exactly what tube you are talking about and believe they were messing around with it, will check it out. Appreciate the feedback.