Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

brake bleeding knew lines

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake bleeding knew lines

After installing extended A-arms, kit came with lonestar braided extended lines. I'm not sure why the lines they made double up right at the master cylinder, but i'm sure the engineer had a reason. i'm having trouble bleeding them. i bled the lines at the master, tryed bleeding the lines at the calipers, gravity bled,etc. i have bled a lot of brakes, cluthches and so on, but these ones kicking my butt. i don't have a vacuum bleeder, so i might try running a hoses from caliper bleeders to the master res. any suggestions would be appreciated. raptor 250, lonestar front brake lines, calipers are good, pads at 80%.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

I had the same problem on my Tri-Z. I installed a Raptor 700 front brake master cylinder (same as original Tri-Z) on it and could never get them to bleed the old fashioned way. I rebuilt the master cylinder and it still wouldn't bleed, never had this problem before, and I've bled a lot of brakes, too. I tried for over an hour with no success! I ended up borrowing my buddies vacuum bleeder and they bled no problem and they have been working great ever since. Never did figure out why it wouldn't bleed, maybe it has something to do with global warming? You may need to get a vacuum bleeder.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:16 AM
Range Rover

Man every time i see that picture of your TRI-Z i kick my self in the butt for parting with my 85', needless to say i got a sore butt... anyway... I wounder if it's because those masters are so small they can't push enough volume... i'll try vacuum bleeding. thanks for the advice.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Yeah, I had a Tri-Z back in the day and always regretted getting rid of it, so last year I finally bought the one I have now and restored it. Let me just tell you, they are cool, but I wish I would have just kept the Tri-Z a memory. They suck after being used to riding Raptors, now every time I trail ride it I end up wrecking it. I can't get used to having just 3 wheels after having 4 for so long! It's still fun to play around on, and it gets alot of attention out on the trails.

Hope you can get your brakes bled soon

Old 03-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Range Rover

lol... yeh i suppose three wheels would be challenging again, i was a lot younger then and forgot all the crashes... still envy you though. i will admit i play more on that raptor 250 then i do my "R", she is so light and with that lonestar/elka suspension i can't wait to ride it. we are in the middle of a snow storm so those brakes will have to wait till monday, they are in a pretty well insulated garage, all the brake lines and bleeders are tight so i hope a little air in the system when it's this cold out does not hurt anything...hope

Old 03-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Range Rover

yes vacuum bleeding worked pretty simple. i was afraid of damedging my vacuum hand held pump with fluid, so i used a clear line to make sure fluid did not get into the tool. us tranny builders get lost on the simplest tasks...lol. thanks for the help.