Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yamaha warrior will not start?? ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yamaha warrior will not start?? ideas??

I've got a 1996 yamaha warrior, no engine mods or anything all stock. It is getting gas, spark, and turns over really good. It just will not start. I shot some starting fluid to it just to see what would happen and it started, but just revs up real high then dies. I did it again to see if it was getting gas and you can use the starting fluid to start it and then give it gas and it will just rev real high but it is getting gas. So im kind of lost not sure whats wrong with it, anyone got any ideas. Really need some help. thanks.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like a dirty carb, make sure the air filter is clean also.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Range Rover

Are you sure the gas is good? Have you tried putting new gas in it? Did you try to start it with the filter in it and with the filter out?

Old 04-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah just put in some fresh gas and some sea foam. If that doesnt work then try cleaning the carb.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

seafoam is some good stuff, i bought some at bubbazone (autozone)for my jeep and they always have some little crap up front they try to sell ya when your checking out and i put the seafoam up on the counter and he was like blah blah blah lucas oils tuneup bottle on sale, and i was like nah, he said "works better then what cha got there" i said "no it doesnt" he said "mmm id argue with yea heh heh" i didnt say anything just walked off with a smirk thinking to myself your obviously a retard i know lucas is good but seafoam is like a COMPLETE cleaner can be used in gas tank, crankcase and Throttle body or a vac line, and lucas you just poor into the tank.....whoopy doo, any way thanks for reading my story sorry lol.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

what's your compression? do you have a bent valve? an easy way to check to see if it is getting gas is to remove the elbow that connects the breather and carb, slide your hand over the end of the carb. if when you turn the engine over your hand is wet with gas, you are getting it. but this does not tell if you have good compression. an easy comp check is to remove the spark plug and place a finger tip over the hole. if when you spin the motor over your finger blows off the hole, you should have enough comp to fire up.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by darren_casper
I've got a 1996 yamaha warrior, no engine mods or anything all stock. It is getting gas, spark, and turns over really good. It just will not start. I shot some starting fluid to it just to see what would happen and it started, but just revs up real high then dies. I did it again to see if it was getting gas and you can use the starting fluid to start it and then give it gas and it will just rev real high but it is getting gas. So im kind of lost not sure whats wrong with it, anyone got any ideas. Really need some help. thanks.
you have to push switches on the clutch handle side need to take them loose to see if they are working they are on the handle bar check your emergency brake sensor, i had the same problem it was the emergency brake senor

Old 05-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by jyates
you have to push switches on the clutch handle side need to take them loose to see if they are working they are on the handle bar check your emergency brake sensor, i had the same problem it was the emergency brake senor
the e-brake sensor should just be a rev limiter, i had a problem with mine as well and had to fix it, it would idle, but it wouldn't rev, i've never heard of the e-brake preventing it from running and idling

Old 06-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Range Rover

I had the EXACT same problem and I rebiult the carb and it ran fine.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Ohhhh yeahhh!!

whats crackin man.... just a idea but i would check my pick up coil, stator, and ALL wire connections. Leave no stone unturned. i have had a 98' warrior allmost had me smashin my face on the ground but then it came over me that its ONLY a engine.