Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Warrior Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Warrior Question

This maybe a dumb question but...

Can you hook a plow and winch up to a 350 warrior say 99-03?, i haven't done much research on it but i thought i could get a quick answer here

Old 05-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know of any kits to fit a warrior for a plow, warriors barely move in anything over 2 inches of snow, so plowing with one would be near impossible, a winch i have seen before mounted on the nose of the bike above the front bumper, an older wolverine 350 would be more fitting for that stuff.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

It would be tough. Definately not going to push anything more than a couple inches. The real issue from my perspective is going to be weight distribution. I have a Warn county blade, and it is pretty heavy. You may be on the verge of tipping over forward with one like that. I know that there are some on the market that are fiberglass/plastic. Maybe you could use one of those. The real problem is going to be control. A two wheel drive is going to be uncontrollable. Even with 4 wheel drive, it is sometimes an iffy situation depending on the presence of ice etc. Chains are almost a necessity, and without the fronts pulling, I cant see you being able to turn. As for the engine size, I don't think you have any problem there, but you will have problems with a clutch setup. Automatics are way better for this. Lastly, how are you going to lift the blade? I know there are manual lifts, but they are a real pain in the forearm. You better eat your wheaties if you are going to use one for any period of time.

So with all that said, No, I don't recommend it.