Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CT Racing Cam and Piston Kit Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 04:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have three raptors and ct did two of them. They are all different motor packages. I have to say the 102mm piston kit settup from CT hauls ***. The 100mm run's super good too. I use stock springs in them and I tried a big valve head with stiffer springs and it made no more power on the dyno. I see lots of people in here saying that things seem off with the raptor numbers But every horsepower over 55 is harder and harder to get. 57 is a strong running raptor. If CT claims 57 then believe them because my raptor 102mm runs 59 and it flies. I have done tons of testing and racing at Glamis.
There are lots of companys out their and they all are trying hard to make these raptors fast but this is not a racing engine design. My other bike is done by someone else I will not mention but it is no where near as fast as my CT bikes. NO BS. Im tired of reading all the negitivity about shops out there. If you have a problem with one than call them and I'm sure they will work with you. CT has always worked with me but you have to understand they are swamped and need time sometimes. I have had my raptors on their dyno and seen the numbers myself. Please understand shops are swamped right now with the release of all the new bikes. All I no is what I see and everytime I go to CT they are testing bike's on the dyno to make them better. All bikes. CT has spent lots of free time with me on my raptors and stayed super late at night helping me tune them just right. PROPS TO CT RACING.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2002, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

jad,

Read their website. They also state the ~50 hp is not from their 'pipe' alone. It is done using their kit which includes a Pro-Design filter flange and filter, no lid, and proper jetting. I'm currently running 170-175 jets.

Let me assure you, it rocks. It was one of the best HP per dollar choices I could make. Although removing the lid had to be the cheapest.....

But seriously you are going to get another 8 hp with their piston and head work kit. Another 16% HP increase over just doing the pipe kit. (8/49). And I am also interested in the torque numbers. Mine already has a ton compared to stock.

RM

Old 02-14-2002, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Seriously, 8hp addition to the pipe is huge. I think that CT uses JE pistons??? In the head work are they changing the valve springs at all? I currently run the CT Sonic kit and I would consider running their head/cam/piston kit if it proves reliable. 58hp... damn... why would you need anymore than that?! (I know, you can ALWAYS use more power)

One thing to think about if you are going to be running these mods... beef up your clutch!!! I am pretty sure that Hinson makes their basket and pressure plate for the Raptor. If they don't, I'd bet that they are working on one! Does anyone know if Barnett makes a competition clutch kit for the Raptor yet? I'm interested in getting one...

Old 02-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer

I have the CT 12:1 piston and it is manufactured by Ross Racing, Cam is a web cam 696/697 grind. Porting looks good, he connects both the intake ports( hole angled from the left intake to the right intake) 170 left, 175 right main jets. Stock valve springs are sufficient. I'll have it together later this week, and I'll try to post a dyno run, and then post another in a few weeks with just the addition of the FCR carbs to see how much is really gained. Have any more questions, let me know

Old 03-24-2002, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

Raptor18 you ever get dynoed?