Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CT Racing Cam and Piston Kit Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2001, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got this in my email. It was from Allen at CT Racing.
Currently we are running about 57 HP out of the raqptor kit, using a 11/1 piston, cam, ported head and our pipe kit.
----- Original Message -----
To: Allen Knowles
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 7:03 AM
Subject: Raptor cam kit

Dear sir,

How is the cam kit coming along with the Raptor? Are you going to have it set up with another piston and if so, we'll we still be able to use pump fuel? Any cost or horsepower figures would be appreciated. I've still held off on the exhaust waiting to see what the final results turn out to be.

Thanks,
Scott

Old 03-21-2001, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

Oh, I meant to add that if they are truly turning out 50 HP with just their pipe kit, it seems that a 7 HP gain is not that much more for a ported head, high-comp piston and cam. What's your take on it?

Old 03-21-2001, 10:46 AM
Range Rover

Is the kit out yet? If so, what are they going to sell for? What type of cam?

Sounds like a big gain for a compression change. I think their figures are on the high side.

Blue Raptor: TCS Shocks, LoneStar A-Arms +3, DuraBlue axle +5, Fastline Brake Lines, Big Gun Pipe, GYTR Silencer, No-airlid, DG Bumper, Renthal Bar, 41t rear, 12t front, sparks ign. advance, front grooved car tires(19x6x10), Rear turf tamers(18x9.5x8), Reinforced wheels,
00 KX 125 ( A real race machine)

Old 03-21-2001, 11:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks for the update, Scott. The additional 7hp gain sounds about right. 57 horsepower is a lotta HP!!!!. Imagine what the torque curve looks like, probably equally impressive.
Also, (just MY opinion) Allen is such an arrogant A$$$ole that I would'nt buy anything from CT racing if it was on sale for a $1....and that impression is from speaking with him 4 times and E-mailing him 3.

Old 03-21-2001, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Ya when I first ordered th pipe kit he was like I got these new TCS Shocks and their MANDATORY to riding. I was like ya ok let me kick out 700 dollars for them right now. Then they started putting off the release date so I got a Big Gun.

Old 03-21-2001, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

The HP sounds about right to me with all the mods, but what seems odd is that there isn't much of a difference between just the pipe and all the other mods. It leads me to believe that there are inaccuracies in the testing of the pipe alone.

I didn't get price or release dates, what you see in the e-mail is all I got.

Old 03-21-2001, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Nice work Bash. I have to agree with you, something just doesn't seem right. Head porting, cam and high comp piston, with a 7 hp gain? I can imagine the torque has got to be outstanding. They didn't give an answer as to their recommendation for fuel octane. Personally, I think I am going to wait a bit, maybe I'll end up going with Sparks. The guys over there seem to be pretty cool and are investing quite a bit of time with development and testing.

As far as a high comp piston. How much difference can there be from say CT to Wiseco to Powroll to FST? Do they all put their own little "twist" to make them different? Again, Wiseco has recommended with the piston they will be releasing soon (11:1), is to run 92-94 octane. They said that threre is no reason to use race fuel.

Again, good work Bash. Look forward to your next investigative reveiw!

Old 03-21-2001, 08:33 PM
jad
Range Rover

I spoke to Paul at Big Gun (very informative) and he knows the guy at CT and he says he knows that the Dyno chart that shows 50 h.p. is not by just putting the pipe on. I have an ATV Action mag from Jan. and they dyno a Raptor with the CT and it was 41.1 h.p.

Old 03-21-2001, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Though I agree Allen is an arrogant *ss most of the time, he does testing on a California model so his h.p. is down form all of us. Just a reminder.

Old 02-13-2002, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Has anyone put the CT 100mm 12:1 piston and racing cam and porting on their Raptor? Also woul;d you need new valve springs with this set up? Also what kind HP would i be putting oput with the piston cam with the rest my mods listed below

Quick Reply: CT Racing Cam and Piston Kit Info