Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I want to remove my AmpLink - Need some info

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have decided to remove my amplink because of the risk of being stranded in the woods. I bought my banshee with it installed so I'm not sure of what is involved in taking it off. The only thing that I'm really worried about is the chain slider issue. I want to take off the amplink and get a Cascade chain slider. Is it that simple? I know the chain will be too long after I take off the amplink and the side cover will still be cut. Is there anything else that I am overlooking? Are there any other stock parts that I will need to buy in order to convert back? Thanks a ton for the help!

Adam

Old 03-26-2001, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

When I converted back. (I hated the amplink) ...I bought all new "stock" rollers. As you mentioned, You will need to shorten the chain a few links.
I would not recommend running without rollers.
I'm not sure if the chain slider(cascade) can be slipped over the swing arm or not. It is not hard to remove the swing. I had to in order to put the stock slide back onto the bike. The amp link required the removal of the slide.
It's too early for me to type right now...Let us know if there are any other questions.

I will say that after trying a bunch of different rollers...the stock seem to last the longest.

Old 03-26-2001, 10:24 AM
Range Rover

With the Cascade chain slider you do not need the upper roller. Get an aftermarket bottom roller. I know White Brothers and Moose sell the roller assembly which includes the bolt and nut for around $10-$15.

Old 03-26-2001, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer

When i "disengaged" my amp link I installed a chainslider on my swing arm it was simple. I also left the amp link on my bike I just took the chain rollers off of it and put short bolts in the amp link to fill the holes. Still looks good and no hassles or worries or chain noise!! OR LOSS OF TRACTION

Old 03-28-2001, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Does an Amp Link help that much? Would they be worth gettting?

Old 03-28-2001, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer

First thanks to everyone that replyed to my original post. It helped me alot.

I have mixed feelings about the amplink. I have only been riding for about 9 months. I got my banshee and I couldn't pop any wheelies. It had a blown rear shock and bald tires then so I thought that was why. So I got a new shock and new rear bandits. I still can't pop wheelies very easily and its ported with 17cc domes in the coolhead and CT pipes. I really think that it must be the amp link because they say right on their web site "Less uncontrolled wheeling tendency for hill climbing". Do you guys agree with this assumption? So I want to be able to lift the front wheels more eisily for in the woods and just when playing around. The other thing is the major concern that the rollers will fail and leave me stranded way out somewhere (haven't had any problems yet though). Plus it is noisy. I would think that on a banshee at the dunes it would be great. Right now I NEVER ever have to worry about getting off the gas because of a wheelie. Those are my reasons for getting rid of it.

Adam

Old 03-28-2001, 01:18 AM
Trailblazer

First thanks to everyone that replyed to my original post. It helped me alot.

I have mixed feelings about the amplink. I have only been riding for about 9 months. I got my banshee and I couldn't pop any wheelies. It had a blown rear shock and bald tires then so I thought that was why. So I got a new shock and new rear bandits. I still can't pop wheelies very easily and its ported with 17cc domes in the coolhead and CT pipes. I really think that it must be the amp link because they say right on their web site "Less uncontrolled wheeling tendency for hill climbing". Do you guys agree with this assumption? So I want to be able to lift the front wheels more eisily for in the woods and just when playing around. The other thing is the major concern that the rollers will fail and leave me stranded way out somewhere (haven't had any problems yet though). Plus it is noisy. I would think that on a banshee at the dunes it would be great. Right now I NEVER ever have to worry about getting off the gas because of a wheelie. Those are my reasons for getting rid of it.

Adam