Bone Shattering Injuries! Lets Hear Em!!! - Page 2 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Go Back  ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community > Brand Discussions Area > Yamaha
Reload this Page >

Bone Shattering Injuries! Lets Hear Em!!!

Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bone Shattering Injuries! Lets Hear Em!!!

Old 04-10-2001, 02:57 PM
Range Rover

about 2:00 am we were comng home from riding all night. We were riding down paved road with no light on, the moon was out a little. the guy in front of me slowed down to take a turn and I didnt see him until the last second. I locked my brakes up, and my front grabbed hard. my fron left tire hit his back right tire and it sent me and the bike flying. I had a helmet on but still ended up with a scar on the chin and some of my teeth were smashed. this was a year and a half ago, I have had 4 root canals, 2 extractions, probobally like 5 crowns and soon I get 3 implants (I call em bolt on teeth) to replace the ones I shattered (at least they were all back teeth though!) anyhow I had a huge gouge in the side of my helmet from the road, I would have been dead without it...

91 TRX350X
85 ATC250R
86 200x

Old 04-10-2001, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

I was riding my quad about 20 mph down a trail and an xr 200 with no brakes came around a turn about 50 mph.His bars came over mine and broke both bones in my arm.

Old 04-11-2001, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

Less than 2 weeks on my raptor I fell off saving my quad(went sideways unexpectedly) and cracked two ribs didn't go to the hospital until a week later.

Old 04-11-2001, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

As I remember some of my less fortunate rides I am reminded that these kind of posts are exactly what greedy lawyers and others that seek to abolish our sport want to see. Many proud people bragging {almost} about their war wounds. Although most of us galdly sit around the campfire and share our experiences, both good and bad, the ones posted in a public forum cannot serve the better good because they can be used to say that the sport is inherantly dangerous. If a person wants to relate such a story and then explain how it should have been done to avoid the mistake. Some in this posting have done that by saying...'this bad thing happened because I didn't follow the rules'. This sort of comment followed by a warning to always adhere to good riding practices will only strengthen our sport.

Old 04-11-2001, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

OK, then if lawyers read, both my grandfathers died from lung (is that the organ that you breathe with?...am I right?) cancer because they were smoking. Sounds more dangerous to me than some guys crashing once in a while.
I'm not bashing you Holyman (sadly enough, you are right), but I like this post...it's kinda fun, and *lawyers, please read and note* even after 10 years of riding (and I'm 18 now), I never crashed seriously. The biggest injury I have suffered was an ankle.... (when the ligaments are elongated, I don't know how that's called), that kept me from running for 1 week. Have I been safer? luckier? I don't know, but just to tell the lawyers that you can ride, have fun, and not hurt yourself!
Ride on!