Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

100mph banshee

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it possible to make a banshee go 100mph and maintaint hat speed for like about 40 to 45 minutes what mods would it take to make it go that fast (not just sprockets) and not blow up the engine cause that would suck blowing up the engine that is i like banshees and i am getting on e in a matter of months it would be sooner but i have to pay for it all myself and i'm only 14 so any help would be appreciated

Old 04-12-2001, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

your for real right?

Your not going to be able to get a banshee to go 100mph for 45 minutes. A blaster seems more your style.

Old 04-12-2001, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

You want to kill yourself? Your to young to even own a banshee let alone a modded one. Besides it wouldn't even be practical. The thing to consider when you get old enough to ride a banshee is how fast it will accelerate from 0 to 60. Top speed is not important unless your going for land speed records, or road racing your shee like they do in Quebec.

Old 04-12-2001, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Even if you could keep 100mph banshee pegged for 45 minutes-- You wouldn't

Old 04-12-2001, 07:04 PM
Range Rover

I think your messing with us all but.., Im curious, where are you going to keep a quad going 100 mph. for 45 minutes? Even if you could do that the only quad you could mod out enough to hit those speeds would probably be a Suzuki quadzilla 500, thats the only quad i ever heard of legitimately hitting triple didgets modded..

Old 04-12-2001, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer

#1 i can drive a banshee i have on many seperate occasions (and they were modded and i can handle the power) and it is not all that difficult the only hard part is the clutch cause i'm used to auto clutch
#2 i'm 14 but i'm 5 foot 9 and still have 3 more years of growing left i would outgrow a blaster in about 6 months
#3 i want to drive it on the road for extended periods 40 to 45 minutes at a time
although i may not be going 100mph all the time i would be going that fast sometimes
#4 i don't meant o be rude but i am the only one who can tell myself what i can and can ride. you have never seen meride don't know anything about me ie height, weight, skill, control
#5 i don't need people telling me i'm to young to ride a banshee cause they are probably just a bunch of 8 year olds who need to insult others to make themselves feel better
#6 will someone please answer the first question i asked about the proformance and heat control mods please and thank you

Old 04-12-2001, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer

#1 i can drive a banshee i have on many seperate occasions (and they were modded and i can handle the power) and it is not all that difficult the only hard part is the clutch cause i'm used to auto clutch
#2 i'm 14 but i'm 5 foot 9 and still have 3 more years of growing left i would outgrow a blaster in about 6 months
#3 i want to drive it on the road for extended periods 40 to 45 minutes at a time
although i may not be going 100mph all the time i would be going that fast sometimes
#4 i don't meant o be rude but i am the only one who can tell myself what i can and can't ride. you have never seen meride don't know anything about me ie height, weight, skill, control
#5 i don't need people telling me i'm to young to ride a banshee cause they are probably just a bunch of 8 year olds who need to insult others to make themselves feel better
#6 will someone please answer the first question i asked about the proformance and heat control mods please and thank you

Old 04-12-2001, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

#4 i don't meant o be rude but i am the only one who can tell myself what i can and can't ride. you have never seen meride don't know anything about me ie height, weight, skill, control

Old 04-12-2001, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

My Neighbors banshee will hit 105 (i dont even know why i am posting this, im gonna get crap for this cause you guys "say it isnt possible" Well he has about 3 grand in the engine and it is pretty reliable for a banshee. He threw a piston or something last summer and dumped about $600 back into the engine and it has ran eversince problem free. Trust me though, no matter how good of a rider you are you dont want to be going that fast.

Old 04-13-2001, 12:34 PM
Range Rover

Dude, get yourself some roller skates and strap some rockets to them.......you'll be able to control them just as well.......good luck

Quick Reply: 100mph banshee