Banshee Question - ATV Enthusiast Community

Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:07 AM
Country Rider
Default Banshee Question

Hey everyone!

I have a few quick banshee question. So banshee's are two stock which means they don't have much torque. So how does a banshee go so god on the dunes if it docent have much torque?

Also, how well would a banshee do in the snow? If its amazing in the dunes, how well dose it go through some snow?

And finally, how would a banshee do on trails? I know they are high revving so how much clutch work would it take in technical stuff.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

2 strokes need high RPM to make hp so a lot of shifting is needed to keep that engine in the power band. If your really good at shifting they are great machines. A 4 stroke makes much more torque at lower RPM so less shifting is needed. Also fuel economy is much less on a 2 stroke, so on long trail rides you will need to carry extra fuel. They are great machines but just to much work to ride and need rebuilding more often also
Old 03-13-2018, 01:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You basically have to run them wide open to get the power on top end. I'd rather have a Raptor 700 than a Banshee. Banshees don't last very long before they need to be rebuilt. I'd hate to have to rebuild an engine every 2 years because it won't last longer than that. Some people really love them. Its a bit of a cult following, much like the older Honda 250r 2 strokes. 4 strokes are just more reliable, much less time and money spent on keeping them on the trail. I'd rather have something that I wouldn't have to wonder if this is the trip the engine blows up or not. Sitting with a broken down machine and watching your buddies have fun doesn't sound great, does it?