1999 yahama wolverine 350 getting hot - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Go Back  ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community > Brand Discussions Area > Yamaha
Reload this Page >

1999 yahama wolverine 350 getting hot

Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

1999 yahama wolverine 350 getting hot

Reply

  #1  
Old 06-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5
Default 1999 yahama wolverine 350 getting hot

So have about a half hr drive on the trails its starts to spit and spudder then it stalls. It wont even roll over after that. If you let it set for about 10 mins I will start right back up and run great for another half hour or so then the same thing. Its definitely an electrical issue just wondering what it might be. Any help would be appreciated .
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-11-2018, 02:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Lancaster England
Posts: 3,361
Default

"It wont even roll over after that"

Are you saying the starter won't work either? Or the engine is locked up, in which case it is seized, nothing to do with the electrics. If the starter won't work, you have a problem with either the battery leads or the main live from fuse to ignition switch. Whatever, it will be hot, so check when the fault is on for any terminals that are warm. My guess is earth lead to frame.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-11-2018, 04:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by merryman View Post
"It wont even roll over after that"

Are you saying the starter won't work either? Or the engine is locked up, in which case it is seized, nothing to do with the electrics. If the starter won't work, you have a problem with either the battery leads or the main live from fuse to ignition switch. Whatever, it will be hot, so check when the fault is on for any terminals that are warm. My guess is earth lead to frame.

no it's not locked up I'll check more later and let you know
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-11-2018, 10:47 AM
Range Rover
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 187
Default

Sounds like your stator might be getting weak. Also how long has it been since you adjusted your valves? Or rebuilt your carb
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by Jered651 View Post
Sounds like your stator might be getting weak. Also how long has it been since you adjusted your valves? Or rebuilt your carb

carb was just rebuilt and idk about the valves but they wouldn't make it overheat would they.
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by Jered651 View Post
Sounds like your stator might be getting weak. Also how long has it been since you adjusted your valves? Or rebuilt your carb

how can I check my stator
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-12-2018, 02:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Lancaster England
Posts: 3,361
Default

Jered, he still hasn't told us what he means by "It wont even roll over after that" if the starter won't work when the fault is on, it isn't a stator problem.
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Range Rover
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 187
Default

Originally Posted by merryman View Post
Jered, he still hasn't told us what he means by "It wont even roll over after that" if the starter won't work when the fault is on, it isn't a stator problem.
Ive had the stator do that to me before and yes he needs to specify
 
Reply With Quote
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
drhunter1
Yamaha
1
03-01-2014 12:33 AM
Slicer1989
Yamaha
1
07-01-2012 07:44 PM
doverust
Yamaha
4
09-09-2011 10:11 AM
3sds88
Yamaha
1
03-23-2008 01:56 AM
briski
Yamaha
1
03-03-2008 12:28 AM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1999 yahama wolverine 350 getting hot


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: